Welcome & Overview
Welcome to Wellesley College!
We strive to make New Student Orientation fun, impactful, informative, and memorable. Orientation 2020 will be offered as a hybrid of virtual content delivered in August and on-campus programming that will take place the weekend prior to the start of fall classes. Throughout Orientation, you will:
- learn about academic expectations, campus involvement opportunities; health and wellness
- meet many of your classmates and make connections with staff and faculty, and
- learn about course selection and register for your classes
Participation in online Orientation is required of all entering students. You will receive a link to our online Orientation platform, called Wisr, tomorrow, July 15 to set up your profile and begin interacting with your peers. Please use your Wellesley email account to create your account, and be sure to complete your profile. Starting August 4th, you will watch video presentations and engage with your Orientation Mentor group and other entering students through the Wisr platform. For the most part, this will be a self-paced experience, and you will receive plenty of notice for live events. Information covered will include campus involvement, college expectations, academic requirements and registration, living on campus, and other topics. You will be expected to review all content prior to the start of fall classes.
Content for parents will be made available on our office Youtube Channel in mid-August.
Details regarding move-in day and what to expect from in person orientation activities will be released in the coming weeks.
While there are many changes in store for Orientation this year, one consistency is our wonderful team of student leaders - our Orientation Coordinators and Orientation Mentors. They will befriend you, mentor you, answer your questions, and be there for you in the following months. They are the best way to get to know the culture and norms of this community, and we are committed to maximizing your time with them, even if COVID-19 prevents that from happening in person.
Please check out the documents linked below to get you started on your path to Wellesley:
- QR Assessment Welcome Letter: a helpful resource for all incoming students, in preparation for the QR assessment you’ll take online in June or July
- Language Study at Wellesley: to help you think about your plans for studying a foreign language.
- Purchasing a Computer: a guide to purchasing a computer and technology support at Wellesley.
- Wellesley Student Health Insurance Plan: an overview to help confirm adequate insurance coverage.
- Welcome from our Orientation Coordinators: a chance to meet your 2020 Orientation Coordinators: Amy Rose ‘23, Ada Eke ‘23, Angel Liu ‘23, Ryan Rowe ‘23, Grace Turner ‘23 and Jessi Kim ‘23
During the summer months, it is essential that you use our online Entering Student Checklist, on Workday, to complete important forms and tasks. Many deadlines have passed, and new items are opening weekly.
Many of the items you receive from us will feature the color red and the Orientation theme, Love, Wellesley. Red is the class color for the incoming Class of 2024, so you will notice many instances that red is used in conjunction with the class year. The Love, Wellesley logo design will help you recognize our Orientation materials. Watch the “Especially for Entering Students” page on the Wellesley website, the Wellesley New Student Orientation Facebook Page, the Wellesley Orientation Instagram, and the Class of 2024 Facebook Group for frequent updates from your Orientation Coordinators about the work they are doing to plan your Orientation program!
We look forward to seeing you on campus as a new student in the Fall. If you have any questions or need assistance, you are welcome to engage with the Orientation team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shanté L. Brown, M.Ed.
Dean of First-Year Students