Dear New Students,
We hope this email finds you well and that you are excited for a rejuvenating summer before your journey at Wellesley begins. Whether you are wrapping up your senior year and about to graduate, preparing to transition from another institution, or planning to jump back into coursework after a short break, we are excited to welcome you into our community. For the health and safety of our students and families, summer orientation will be delivered in a hybrid model for students, both virtually and in-person. Students will have the opportunity to connect with their Orientation Mentor Group as soon as mid-July. Our virtual Orientation program will begin on July 15th, and our in-person Orientation will begin on September 4th and will continue through September 6th. We have created a robust schedule to onboard students and will provide more specific program details via your Wellesley email.
You can look forward to both live and recorded sessions, that will help you be successful at Wellesley, support in class registration, and meeting your new classmates.
Many of the items you receive from us will feature the color green and the Orientation theme, Embrace Authenticity. Green is the class color for the incoming Class of 2025, so you will notice many instances that green is used in conjunction with the class year. The Orientation logo design will help you recognize our Orientation materials.
As you are successfully completing tasks on the Entering Student Checklist, we are sharing information regarding New Student Orientation, the Entering Student Checklist and Information about housing. Please review all information below carefully, particularly the New Student Orientation guide, accessible through the green button below. Lastly, be sure to log into your Entering Student Checklist weekly as new items are regularly posted for your completion, in addition to checking your Wellesley email every few days.
Please refer to the most recent announcement from the College regarding first-year student move-in dates.
Important Dates to plan for:
- Proof of vaccinations (including WHO approved COVID-19 vaccinations) are due no later than July 15. Please email email@example.com with any questions
- Online Orientation programming: July 15-September 26 (participation is mandatory)
- International Student Orientation: you will receive information directly from the Slater International Center
- New Student Orientation: September 4-6
- First-day of class: September 8
If you have any questions while preparing for your arrival, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shanté L. Brown, M.Ed.
Dean of First-Year Students
The Office of the Dean of First-Year Students
2021 New Student Orientation Guide, click here! Be sure to open for important information!
Please review the documents below for information about your transition into Wellesley!
- Meet your Orientation Coordinators!
- Entering Student Checklist opening dates and deadlines (please read the updated information below regarding the housing timeline)
- Interested in mailing your belongings in advance? Mailing info, instructions, labels (labels must be printed in orange; you will get your unit box number in August)
- Quantitative Reasoning Assessment Information
- Health Insurance Information
- Technology Purchasing Guide
- Career Education Information
- Parent & Family Programs Welcome Letter
Update From Residential Life & Student Housing
Dear Incoming Students,
Welcome to Wellesley! We are so excited to welcome you to campus this fall, and we are happy to let you know today that the Fall 2021 Housing Application is officially open to incoming students only. Please plan to complete this application no later than July 12th. Please note this deadline has been moved up to allow us to get room assignments out sooner than initially planned.
You can find the Fall 2021 Housing Application in the Housing Portal in the blue navigation bar at the top of the page once you log in. This Housing Application will take you through the following tasks:
- Confirm your personal details
- Create your Roommate Profile
- Search for roommates
- Create a roommate group of 2 to 4 students OR choose to be matched with a roommate by our system based on profile similarities
- Acknowledge the 21-22 Housing Agreement (Completes your Application)
- Log into the portal anytime between now and July 12th to make changes to your profile or create/edit roommate groups.
We will be in touch following the closure of the housing application with Room Assignments for incoming students! Please keep in mind that at Wellesley we do randomly assign incoming students to residence halls across campus. Roommate groups will be honored in this process, and we know that every res hall on the Wellesley campus has an amazing community to offer you and your roommate(s)! We are looking forward to welcoming you into the fantastic community in your assigned res hall this fall! We hope you have fun searching for roommates and getting to know the other members of your class using the tools in our Housing Portal! We are always happy to answer any questions you might have. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Again, Welcome to Wellesley! We can’t wait to meet you!
Wellesley’s Res Life & Housing Team