Guide to Getting Connected to the network and library & technology resources
Want to get online fast when you arrive?
- Make sure your computer meets the specifications in our purchasing guide.
- Running Windows? Now - and just before you pack for campus:
- Set up antivirus software and run updates often - and use it to scan your computer often
- Install more than one web browser (Firefox, Chrome).
Library and technology are in the same department at Wellesley -- you'll find many helpful resources (including people!) in Clapp Library and the branch libraries.
- Take advantage of computer and software discounts, including free Microsoft Office for students
- Technology or library question? Log in to MyWellesley, go to Google Apps, click on Groups at the top of the page, and post your question in the General Questions for Entering Students group, or email your question to helpdesk <at> wellesley <dot> edu.
- Pack software and operating system discs, along with the power cable and accessories you got from our purchasing guide.
- There will be in-person help on campus, including our Computing Help Desk in Clapp Library, open weekdays 8:15-5:30 during the fall and spring semesters, and weekdays 8:30-4:30 the rest of the year. You may contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 781-283-7777.
- If your laptop needs repair, we have service on campus that will try to help (more info).
Other options you should know about: