A Community Update on Wellesley’s Response to Climate Change
Join members of the E2040 working group for a presentation about Wellesley’s new energy master plan, the work that has been accomplished so far to reduce Wellesley’s carbon footprint, and the next steps to reach carbon neutrality by 2040. Presentations will also include the path for endowment action and the sustainability recommendations to students, faculty, and staff being considered this spring.
An audience Q&A will follow the presentations. Please register in advance, and you may also submit your questions (anonymously) in advance using the Q&A form. The presentation about Wellesley’s master energy plan is also available to view in advance of the event.
Presenters to include:
- Dan Brabander, Frost Professor in Environmental Science and chair of the Sustainability Committee
- Dave Chakraborty, assistant VP, facilities management and planning; member of the Sustainability Committee and E2040
- Katie Christoph ’21, member of Renew Wellesley and ES/ECON 199: Fossil Fuel Divestment: Student Action at Wellesley
- Kelsey Dunn ’21, member of Renew Wellesley and ES/ECON 199: Fossil Fuel Divestment: Student Action at Wellesley
- Laura Daignault Gates ’72, trustee and chair of the E2040 working group
- Pinar Keskin, associate professor of economics and member of the Sustainability Committee
- Debby Kuenstner, chief investment officer
- Miray Omurtak ’21, member of ES/ECON 199: Fossil Fuel Divestment: Student Action at Wellesley
- Olivia Shehan, sustainability coordinator and member of the Sustainability Committee
Sep 27–Nov 29, 12:45 PMNew Voices Series
A series of faculty-focused lectures featuring up-and-coming scholars in the humanities and social sciences.Event Date:Repeats every month on the 18 of October until Tue Oct 18 2022. Also includes Tue Nov 01 2022, Tue Nov 29 2022.Tuesday, September 27, 2022 - 12:45pmTuesday, October 18, 2022 - 12:45pmTuesday, November 1, 2022 - 12:45pmTuesday, November 29, 2022 - 12:45pm
Oct 6, 12:45 PM