Summer Term 2022
Summer Term 2022 course offerings are posted in the Wellesley College Course Browser. Registration will open on Wednesday, March 2. Please note that registration for Summer Term 2022 is limited to Wellesley College students; we will not be enrolling high school students, visiting undergraduate students, or auditors this summer.
NOTE: All instruction for Summer Term 2022 will be done remotely; no summer classes will be taught on campus in 2022. Students are required to have access to Zoom with video capabilities for classes. Audio-only Zoom will not be considered sufficient.
One 7-Week Term: Tuesday, May 31 - Wednesday, July 13, 2022
All classes will be taught remotely, using both synchronous (live, in real-time) and asynchronous (on your own time) instruction. There will be no classes on Monday, June 20 (Juneteenth), and Monday, July 4, 2022 (Independence Day).
Synchronous instruction will take place using block scheduling. Faculty will be responsible for coordinating their synchronous and asynchronous elements; we are also asking faculty to review their remote attendance and participation expectations with students.
Reading and Exam Days: Reading Days are Thursday, July 14 - Sunday, July 17, 2022; Exam Days are Monday, July 18, and Tuesday, July 19, 2022.
Wellesley College is offering an outstanding Summer Term program of classes (for the most part taught by our regular faculty) at the pricing set forth below. This pricing is part of the overall academic program offered to students in 2021-2022, and is only available to current Wellesley College students. Visiting students, pre-college students and incoming first-year students are not eligible for Summer Term 2022. Financial aid is available to eligible students.
- 1.0 Credit: $3750
- 1.25 Credit: $4575
*Costs includes registration fee. Does not include course books and/or materials (which may vary from course to course).
Classes will be offered on a letter-graded basis; students will have the option to choose credit/non-credit. The Credit/Non-credit deadline will be available through the Academic Calendar.
Registration for Summer Term 2022 will announced soon.*
Wellesley College students will be able to self-register for summer term classes through their Workday Portal. We recommend registering early as we anticipate classes filling. Students should double-check the class schedules and meeting dates prior to registering. If you have a hold on your account, please contact SFS prior to registering. Please see the Course Offerings page for more details.
*Summer Term 2022 is open only to Wellesley College Students.
Changing registration, accepting waitlist offers, academic deadlines
Students manage their registration and schedule changes themselves (including accepting a waitlist seat, dropping or withdrawing from a course) through Workday. Academic deadlines are available on the Academic Calendar. Each class will maintain a first-come, first-serve waitlist. After the class fills, a student is automatically added to the waitlist when they attempt to register through Workday. If a seat becomes available, the student next in line in the waitlist is notified by email. The seat offer expires in 24 hours. If a student does not respond before the 24-hour expiration their priority will drop to the bottom of the waitlist and the seat offer is automatically offered to the next person on the waitlist.
Students may take only two courses in Summer 2022.
Students enrolled in a 7-week summer term may enroll in no more than 2 courses and 2.25 units of credit. Exceptions to this policy are made by student petition to the Academic Review Board.
Federal financial aid is available for students who meet federal eligibility requirements, and institutional financial aid is available to students who qualify for need-based financial aid during the academic year. Wellesley students who receive financial aid during the academic year will be assessed for summer aid automatically upon registration (there is no formal application to complete). Financial aid is not available for Wellesley College students who were not enrolled in 2021-2022. There is no separate application process for summer aid, but students are expected to comply with any individual requests made by SFS.
Once you register, your eligibility will be determined and you will receive an updated eligibility notification via email. SFS will will release notices of aid eligibility (or revised eligibility) on a weekly basis during the spring. We will provide a more specific date once it becomes available
Please note that financial aid is not available for costs associated with summer housing and meals. Additionally, financial aid eligibility is subject to change if registration changes.
Wellesley College records billing and payment activity on the student account in MyWellesley Portal.
Billing assessment begins in April. All class and billing communications will be sent through the student's @wellesley.edu email address.
Payment Deadline: May 20, 2022. Students who register after May 20, 2022 must remit payment immediately. Students may be dropped from their registered courses if payment is not received before classes begin.
If a student is assessed a registration hold for Fall 2022 (due to an outstanding past due balance), students may be dropped from their summer courses and placed on a financial leave of absence until the balance is resolved.
Students should double-check the class schedules and meeting dates prior to registering. Students can drop themselves from a class through Workday.
Academic deadlines are available on the Academic Calendar.
- Students who drop from a course before the start of classes (by 11:59 pm EDT on Monday, May 30) will receive a 100% refund of tuition and related fees. A dropped course does not appear on the transcript.
- Students who drop from a course before the drop deadline (by 11:59 pm EDT on Friday, June 3) will receive a 75% refund of tuition and related fees. A dropped course does not appear on the transcript.
- After the drop deadline (11:59 pm EDT on Friday, June 3), students will not receive a refund. A course withdrawal after the drop deadline appears on the transcript with the grade 'WDR'.
Students who are eligible to enroll in summer courses:
- Wellesley College students enrolled in a spring semester (either on campus or in approved international or domestic study away programs) are eligible to enroll in summer courses in the same calendar year.
- Wellesley College students on a one-semester personal leave, academic conditional leave or financial conditional leave in spring (and were enrolled in and completed the fall semester) and who are approved to return and are registered for the fall semester are eligible to enroll in summer courses in the same calendar year.
- Wellesley College students on a full-year academic conditional leave may enroll with the permission of the class dean (especially to fulfill the academic conditions of the leave and complete eligibility requirements to return from the leave). Note that students who were not enrolled during the previous academic year are not eligible to request or receive financial aid.
Students who are not eligible to enroll in summer courses:
- Wellesley College students on medical leave in spring are not eligible to enroll in summer (in accordance with the leave of absence policy).
- Entering students who will begin at Wellesley in the Fall semester (including First Year, transfer and Davis Scholar students) and students who are approved for readmission in fall are not eligible to enroll in summer courses.
- Students on leave of absence for the full academic year (both the fall and spring semesters) are not eligible to enroll in courses in the following summer semester, except as described above.
- Summer 2022 courses are not open to visiting students, auditors and alumnae.
Former Students With Permission to Complete Outstanding Degree Requirements:
Students no longer enrolled who have permission to complete outstanding degree requirements are eligible to enroll in summer courses for the purpose of completing unmet degree requirements.
Students can request accommodations due to a disability. Students will need to have a Wellesley College ID to access the system. There are also additional instructions on how to request accommodations. Inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All summer term classes for 2022 will be taught via Zoom; no classes are being taught on campus this summer. If you have questions about housing, please direct them to Residential Life (email@example.com).
All students will be required to acknowledge the deadlines, cost of tuition, relevant fees and refund policy prior to submitting their application. Students who did not sign a Financial Responsibility Agreement (FRA) for Spring 2022 will be required to sign one before registering for summer courses. Please contact SFS directly with any questions about the FRA form.
One 7-Week Term: Tuesday, May 31 - Wednesday, July 13, 2022
Registration will open shortly for Summer Term 2022.
Courses for Summer 2022 are visible below with details and meeting times. Please note it may take a few seconds for the complete course list to load.
Travel courses have been cancelled for Summer 2022.
Classes are subject to change.