Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)
- Airgas - Safety Data Sheets for gases produced by Airgas
- CCOHS Chemical Hazard Information Database - Provides a comprehensive chemical hazard information resource, including ChemInfo sheets and manufacturer Safety Data Sheets
- Chemical Safety's Online SDS Database - Chemical Safety is a privately corporation providing cloud-based Environmental Management Systems (EMS). Holds an extensive free SDS database
- Fisher Scientific - Manufacturer’s SDS Search
- Grainger - SDS Search Engine
- Millipore Sigma (formerly Sigma Aldrich) - High-quality SDSs available online for a myriad of chemicals, including all common and almost all uncommon laboratory reagents.
- Safety Emporium - Safety information aggregator website with information regarding searchable SDS databases and regulatory information.
- The Safety Data Sheet FAQ
- Pesticide Safety Data Sheet Sources
- PubChem - Lab Chemical Safety Summaries (LSCC) provide laboratory focused information on chemical hazards. Enter the chemical in the search field, select your choice from the results list, and then select Lab Chemical Safety Sheet.
- Public Health Agency of Canada - Pathogen Safety Data Sheets
- University Safety Information Resources, Inc. (SIRI) an SDS database; they also maintain a list of other SDS sites.
- Links to other sources for more obscure SDSs may be found at UC San Diego Blink, and Lipi.com
Safety Data Sheets (SDS) are developed by chemical manufacturers to provide information for each hazardous chemical they produce.
SDSs are a component of OSHA's Hazard Communication and Laboratory Standards. Both standards states that employees have a right to know what hazards are associated with chemicals used in their workplace.
Information contained on an SDS is divided into 16 sections:
- Composition/Information on Ingredients
- First-Aid Measures
- Fire-Fighting Measures
- Accidental Release Measures
- Handling and Storage
- Exposure Control/personal protection
- Physical and Chemical Properties
- Stability and Reactivity
- Toxicological Information
- Ecological Information
- Disposal Considerations
- Transport Information
- Regulatory Information
- Other Information to include date of preparation or last revision
Global Harmonized Communication System - Labeling Info from OSHA
Chemical Inventories and Safety Data Sheets: