Guidelines for Employee Environmental Health & Safety Orientation and Training introduces Wellesley College faculty and staff to training policies and procedures managed by the Environmental Health and Safety Office. We provide and coordinate comprehensive environmental, health, and safety programs and services that minimize EHS related risks to the College community. Programs will be consistent with responsible fiscal and environmental stewardship as well as local, state and federal regulations.
Wellesley College Training Resources
- Request access to VIVID Online Training
- Access VIVID courses
- Citi Research Safety training, follow these steps:
- Go to the Citi training page
- Click on the login button (top right). If you don't have an account, click on "Register" to create an account.
- After you login, select "Wellesley College courses." This shows the courses you have completed, plus provides a list of additional tasks you can perform.
- To arrange for classroom training in your area contact EH&S at x3882 or email@example.com
Wellesley College Laboratory Safety Training Policy to include:
- General Lab Safety
- Recombinant DNA
Online Hot Work Training and Certification (NFPA)
Other Web-Based Training
Yale University Office of EH&S videos
- Effective use of a Biosafety Cabinet (10:35)
- Cleaning up a Blood Spill (3:37)
- Animal Biosafety at BL1 (10:32), 2 (19:44) or 3 (22:33)
- Laboratory Waste Essential Practices (10:51)
- Art Safety - a six step process (20:40)
- Library New Hire Safety Training (21:12)
- Custodial Ergonomics (7:54)
- Respiratory Safety and The Difference Between Respirators and Surgical Masks (Version en español)
- National Safety Council Training Webpage: offers Driver Improvement, First Aid & CPR, and Workplace Safety training, with several courses available in Spanish.
- OSHA New England Training Institute: offers safety training and certificate programs with on-site and open enrollment in General Industry, Construction, Maritime, Disaster Site Work, and Industrial Hygiene.
- OSHA Multimedia Programs are interactive Web-based training programs with videos, questions, and advice that include:
- Ammonia Refrigeration
- Back Safety
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Crane, Derrick and Hoist Safety
- Eye and Face Protection
- Fall Protection
- Forklift Safety and Operation
- Hazard Communication
- OSHA Policy and Procedure
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Process Safety Management
- Sampling and Analysis
- Silica, Crystalline
- Teen Employment
- Workplace Violence