Below are transportation options for off-campus appointments.
- WC Access Van: The only free mode of transportation. Reservations must be made in advance. Minimum notice of 4pm the day before appointment. Access Van travels both on campus (8am-4:30pm) and off campus (9am-4pm) to Wellesley, Natick, Needham, and Newton- Wellesley Hospital.
- MWRTA: Route 8. It runs through Wellesley every hour. Runs near Metro West Medical Center and Newton- Wellesley Hospital. $1.00 w/ a Wellesley College ID.
- MBTA: We recommend using the "trip planner" in Rider Tools.
- Taxi: Health Service has arranged for reduced rates with both JFK Taxi and Veteran's Taxi. Students will be billed from Health Service for the cost of the ride (including tip).
JFK Transportation: Please call or stop by Health Service to set up a ride. The more advanced notice the better!
Veteran's Taxi: Please call them at (781) 235-1600 and tell them you have a Wellesley College voucher and your pick up location is Health Service. You'll need obtain the vouchers at Health Service. Please call us to tell us that you've done this so we can prepare the vouchers ahead of time for you (no waiting- yay!). Veteran's can NOT add the discount to online reservations.
- Zip Car: they usually have discounts or specials for college students. *a quick word about Zip Cars from our Risk Management Dept.
- UBER: App- based, on-demand car service. Download the app, tell them where your going and select an available car to come get you. BE CAREFUL on prices & drivers! Must have a credit card.
Oral health is an essential part of a student’s overall well being. Here are some options.
- Dffered though University Plan for a fee.
- Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine (BUGSDM) is offering a Student Dental Plan that focuses on preventative care and includes basic emergency care. This plan is available to full time and part time, undergraduate and graduate students. The registration for the plan can be found online (use code WCHS). There are no co-pays, deductibles, paper-work or year maximums to be concerned about.
Here are 2 local dentists that accept WC insurance:
- Barr Levin, 214 N. Main St. Natick, MA 01760, (508) 655-6262.
- Wellesley Dental Group, 5 Seaward Rd. Wellesley, MA 02481, (781) 237-9071.
OFF CAMPUS TRAVEL CLINICS in the Boston area, click HERE
OFF CAMPUS SUBSTANCE ABUSE SUPPORT GROUPS
- In Wellesley (AA) Alcoholics Anonymous -walking distance from the campus
- In Natick (NA) Narcotics Anonymous