Wellesley College is invested in developing and growing the skills and competencies of our employees in their current roles as well as in support of their ongoing career development.
We offer the It's Your Career program to help employees gain clarity on their own career drivers, strengths, and differentiators, and improve understanding of the conditions under which they do their best work. The program provides ideas for exploring opportunities within Wellesley and a discussion plan and tools to enlist support for career development.
We will be offering the It's Your Career program in a 3-part brown-bag lunch series this February. The series will meet Tuesday February 1, February 8 and February 15, and will run 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Session 1: February 1, 2022
Session 2: February 8, 2022
Session 3: February 15, 2022
It is recommended that employees attend all three sessions, but participants may attend one or two sessions at their discretion.
Tuesday, February 1, 2022 (12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.)
This session looks at where employees are currently in their careers, identifies their career strengths and weakness, and discusses how to manage their reputations to gain more opportunities to grow their careers in the right direction.
- Understand identity to clarify career strengths and weakness
- Identify career reputation and the gaps and alignments to the identity
- Start closing the gap between reputation and identity
Tuesday February 8, 2022 (12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.)
After understanding where they are in their careers, employees will begin to dig into what they want to get out of their careers. This session focuses on where to go and how to build professional networks and communities within Wellesley to get there.
- Establish a vision for your career
- Create action steps towards the vision
- Redefine networking and start building a career community
- Explore programs and resources at Wellesley to grow career
Tuesday February 15, 2022 (12:00 - 1:30 p.m.)
In this session, employees explore how to keep their careers on track when their plans are disrupted by unexpected events. This session focuses on storytelling and how learning to tell career stories can help gain perspective to get careers back on track.
- Understand how to deal with career disruptions in a healthy manner
- Learn to utilize career storytelling to gain perspective to move forward