EXCEL (Executive Coaching for Effective Leadership)
Designed in partnership with Wellesley Human Resources, experienced leaders will hone their leadership skills. In the first nine months, the cohort will meet with an expert coach every two to three weeks to explore priorities in management strategies, models for leadership, and building a high performing team. The group may then reformat to a monthly solution-finding roundtable.
Who Would Benefit
This coaching program is intended to provide accelerated leadership development targeting Wellesley senior level employees from a variety of functional areas. In a peer cohort of 6 - 8 participants with an executive coach facilitating, the program will provide a safe and confidential environment to learn/increase skills in the topic areas below.
Meetings will be held on campus beginning in September 2019 on Wednesdays from 9:00 -10:30AM except for the initial meeting.
Foundational Topics (bi-weekly meetings)
- 8/21/19, 8:30AM-10:30AM - Orientation
- 9/4/19, 8:30AM-10:30AM – Personal Styles: Understand Yourself and Style Shifting with Others
- 9/18/19 – Linking Personal Goals to Organizational Outcomes: Needs, Values, and Job Satisfaction
- 10/2/19 – Chronic Stress and Work-Life Balance: SHIP, Life Balance Wheel, and Priorities Management Strategies
- 10/16/19 – Integrity, Boundaries & Standards: Staying Open, Facing Avoidance, Blocks & Clutter
- 10/30/19 – Stretch Yourself and Others: Build Capacity for Uncertainty
Leadership Topics (tri-weekly meetings, winter holiday break, and biweekly meetings in May)
- 11/13/19 – Using and Reviewing 360 Feedback: Developing Learning Goals
- 12/4/19 – Model for Leadership Development: Seven Transformations of Leadership
- 1/8/20 – Working effectively through others: Listening, advising, coaching, style shifting skills
- 1/29/20 – Coaching Competencies: ICF Model
- 2/12/20 – Keeping your team creative and curious to innovate
- 3/11/20 – Today’s challenges in the politically charged climate: staying centered
- 4/1/20 – Making tough people calls & holding crucial conversations
- 4/15/20 – Building a High Performing Team: Diversity, talent gaps & development
- 5/6/20 – Succession planning & maintaining a network
- 5/20/20 – Visioning, empowering, and spurring action