Our performance management program is designed to encourage and promote communication between employees and their supervisors throughout the year. We believe that thoughtful conversations and honest assessments:
- Foster two-way communication between employees and supervisors
- Support the development of clear, consistent and measurable goals linked directly to Wellesley's core values and overall mission
- Help to articulate and support training needs and continuous career development and
- Establish appropriate criteria for making reward and recognition decisions.
The Performance Management Process
We encourage open and ongoing communication between employees and their supervisors throughout the year. We also have formal processes for goal setting, an interim goal check-in and the annual performance assessment. Most employees will complete these phases with their supervisor using Workday. Goal Setting step-by-step instructions.
Performance Management Tools and Resources
The following documents may be helpful as you and your supervisor set goals and review your performance:
- Guidelines for Effective Performance Management
- Guidelines for Setting Goals and Objectives
- Guidelines for the Annual Performance Review/Assessment
- Guidelines for Assessing Yourself
- Core Competencies
- Tips for Ongoing, Effective Feedback