Performance Management is an ongoing process of communication between an employee and a supervisor that occurs throughout the year, in support of accomplishing goals that align to the college's strategic plan. The communication process includes clarifying expectations, setting objectives, identifying goals, providing feedback, and reviewing the feedback and results achieved.
Join us at an upcoming Performance Management Goal Setting Learning session!
The 2023-2024 Goal Setting process is now open for administrative staff. Join us at an upcoming learning session. The Goal Setting Learning sessions are 25-minute Zoom video sessions to provide a quick overview of the Performance Management process and a walk-through of the supporting Goal Setting Workday steps. The dates and times for these learning sessions are listed below:
- Wednesday, September 20th from 9:30am - 9:55am
- Friday, September 22nd from 11:30am - 11:55am
- Tuesday, September 26th from 9:30am - 9:55am
- Tuesday, October 10th from 9:30am - 9:55am
The Performance Management Process
Our performance management program is designed to encourage and promote communication between employees and their supervisors throughout the year. We believe that thoughtful conversations and transparent assessments:
- Foster two-way communication between employees and supervisors
- Provide the opportunity to align on work priorities for the year
- Support the development of clear, consistent and measurable goals linked directly to Wellesley's strategic plan
- Help to articulate and support training needs and continuous career development
We encourage open and ongoing communication between employees and their supervisors throughout the year. We also have formal processes for goal setting and the annual performance assessment. Most employees will complete these phases with their supervisor using Workday. Goal Setting in Workday step-by-step instructions.
Performance Management Tools and Resources
The following documents may be helpful as you and your supervisor set goals and review your performance
- Workday Step-by-Step Instructions for Goal Setting
- Guidelines for Effective Performance Management
- Guidelines for Setting Goals and Objectives
- Guidelines for the Annual Performance Review/Assessment
- Annual Review in Workday
- Guidelines for Assessing Yourself
- Tips for Ongoing, Effective Feedback
- Core Competencies