Health & Benefits Resources
Continued medical and dental coverage is available to age 65 if you meet certain eligibility requirements.
- The Health Advocate program can assist you with health care and insurance-related questions.
- Call 1-866-695-8622 or go to http://www.HealthAdvocate.com/members
- The Employee Assistance Program offers confidential counseling, advice and referrals related to stress, financial and legal issues.
- Call 1-800-451-1834 or go to www.allonehealtheap.com with username: Wellesley and password: Employee.
- Take a look at this Life Event Summary called Thinking About Retirement, which consolidates various health benefits and resources that the College offers.
More Resources to Help You Navigate Health Insurance
- Consumer Reports Health Insurance: learn how to pick your best plan and navigate the enrollment process
- Get Help with a Medical Bill: information on where to turn in your state if you're having a problem with a medical bill
- GetCoveredAmerica.org: nonprofit campaign under Enroll America that provides support to consumers in all 50 states by partnering with local agencies and consumer service organizations to provide information and guidance on the enrollment process and applying for financial assistance
- HealthCare.gov: federally supported website that directs consumers to health insurance marketplace in their state and provides enrollment deadlines and coverage options
- Medicare.gov: the government's official website for Medicare that offers lots of useful, accessible information. Talk with a representative at 800-633-4227.
- MedicareRights.org: nonprofit organization that offers comprehensive advice and individual counseling. Call 800-333-4114.
- Shiptacenter.org: website for the State Health Insurance Assistance Programs, federally funded programs that help Medicare beneficiaries with plan choices, billing problems, and more.
Contact: Sandra Murga | Office of Human Resources & Equal Opportunity | email@example.com | 781.283.3663