Severe Weather Updates
The College is open today.
When the College is closed, this page will confirm the closure, and provide ongoing updates, including when the College will reopen. We will also use our emergency text messaging system to communicate important emergency updates.
Wellesley’s main website homepage will also confirm the closure and link to this page.
When the College closes, all classes and scheduled events are cancelled. Residence halls and dining halls remain open unless otherwise noted, but everything else on campus closes, including libraries, the sports center, and Science Center.
When the College closes, some bargaining unit essential personnel are expected to report to work. The Contract requirements can be found for Campus Police in Article 7.6 (Emergency Weather) and for Independent Maintenance and Service Employees in Article 7.1 (f) (Emergency Weather). For administrative staff, the policy for hazardous weather can be found in the Administrative Handbook.
Transportation services will be suspended unless otherwise noted, and classes at MIT, Babson, and Olin will typically be cancelled until further notice.
- On campus emergencies, including medical: 781-283-5555
- Off campus emergencies, including medical: 911
- A Health Service clinician can be reached by phone 24/7 at 781-283-2810. If the college is closed, Health Service may be closed with a clinician available by phone or open with limited capacity (please call Health Service, where you will always reach help; do not stop by as the office may not be physically open). The same is true for Stone Center Counseling Service, whom students can reach at 781.283.2839.
If you plan to visit Wellesley on a stormy day, we recommend that you email or call ahead (even if the College is open) to confirm your appointment as some departments may arrive late or leave early.
The academic and administrative offices of the College are closed on the following holidays.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents Day
- Patriot’s Day/Marathon Monday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day