Registration for Online Live Instruction Classes
These online live instruction classes offer:
- a Certificate from Wellesley College with a letter grade. Since this course has been approved by the College Board, high school students may present this certificate to their high school for registration on their school transcript. For other learners the Certificate issued by Wellesley College is an important recognition of achievement and language proficiency that can be presented to any educational institution and/or employer.
- Regular practice in Italian once a week, in small groups with 5-6 other students and an instructor.
- 19 online class meetings per course, each lasting 45 minutes (via Zoom).
- 5 online, individual conversations with a native speaker, an Italian university student. These conversations will be arranged by Wellesley College in collaboration with TalkAbroad. The resulting total number of class meetings is 24 (19 with an instructor and 5 with an Italian conversation partner).
- Our instructors, in addition to teaching online, will correct, grade and give feedback on 6 student papers and 6 audio files. These assignments are specifically designed to prepare students for the AP Italian exam in May 2024.
Students should bear in mind that participation in these online live instruction classes will require considerable study time outside class hours.
NOTE: These online live instruction classes are open to all learners, not only high school students preparing for the AP Italian exam.
- Any high school students and/or any adult learners with a knowledge of Italian at the intermediate level (2 or 3 years in high school, or 2 or 3 university semesters) may register for one of our online live instruction classes.
- Students must also register separately for AP® Italian Language and Culture on edX where they will find all the material needed to prepare for the online live instruction classes, and plenty of activities to use for their self-study. This online registration is free; please go to the edX registration page to register for access to these materials.
- Access to a working computer with reliable internet access is required, as is a webcam, or headset with microphone (highly recommended), or speakers and microphone.
Schedule of Online Live Instruction Classes
Course content and requirements are the same regardless of the class. (Note: all times are US Eastern Time).
Academic Calendar: September 23 - December 16, 2023 (12 weeks) and January 27 - April 13, 2024 (12 weeks)
|Online Live Instruction Class - 01||Saturdays 12:00-12:45pm|
|Online Live Instruction Class - 02||Saturdays 1:00-1:45pm|
|Online Live Instruction Class - 03||Saturdays 2:00-2:45pm|
Course Change Policy
Students may ask to change the online live class they initially chose only once after registration. Although we will make every effort to accommodate each request, any change will be subject to availability. All class change requests must be done in writing via email to email@example.com.
A non-refundable fee of $50.00 is required when you register. Tuition is $1,450.
Confirmation of registration will be emailed to students promptly. Please note that we cannot guarantee placement in the selected class until tuition is paid in full. Paying the entire tuition at the time of registration guarantees a spot in the class selected.
The final deadline for paying tuition in full is: September 18, 2023
Class Drop Policy
The last day to drop a class for 100% tuition refund: September 22, 2023
The last day to drop a class for 50% tuition refund: September 24, 2023
Please note that students can register for only one class at a time.
All drop requests must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the date indicated above.
Grades and Certificates will be available approximately 3 weeks after the end of classes.
Clicking the Register button below leads to a form in which you will select which class session you would like, and provide us some basic information about yourself. You will then be given instructions for paying the $50 registration fee and $1,450 tuition fee.
AP® Italian Exam
Note to high school students who plan on taking the AP Italian exam administered by the College Board in May 2024: If your high school does not administer the exam, you should contact AP Services of the College Board in early February 2024. They will help you locate the exam site closest to you. You may also want to search for high schools where AP Italian is taught in your area, and contact these schools directly to see if they accept external candidates. The AP Course Audit page of the College Board has a ledger that can help you in this search.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.
Please Note: Registration in our AP Italian online live instruction classes is not linked in any way to admission to Wellesley College for degree purposes. Any eligible student wishing admission to Wellesley College should request application materials from the Admissions Office.