Courses in Latin American Studies
At Wellesley College
Courses approved for credit (2017-2018). Not all courses are offered in each semester or academic year. Some approved courses require students to complete a paper on Latin America as a condition of approval; students may take no more than two units of such courses for a major (or one unit for a minor). The same list is included in the 2017-2018 course catalog.
Courses offered in Spring 2018. This list is updated each semester before registration week. Students should consult with their advisors and the director of Latin American Studies before registering.
Courses offered in previous semesters: Fall 2017.
- Courses in Latin American Studies.
- Consult the MIT course catalog to determine whether courses are offered in Spring 2018.
- Before enrolling in an MIT course, Latin American Studies majors and minors should obtain the approval of the director of Latin American Studies.
- Students should carefully review the Registrar's guidelines for cross-registration with MIT.
At Other Colleges and Universities
- In order to obtain major or minor credit for courses taken at another college or university—in the U.S. or abroad—students must obtain the director’s approval, preferably before choosing the course.
- Students should carefully review the Registrar's procedure for transfer of credit requests.
- The Registrar determines whether the course counts for a full unit or a fraction of a unit. For the major, students must complete 9 full units (and 5 units for the minor).