Majors in Latin American Studies are strongly encouraged (but not required) to spend at least one semester studying in Latin America. Sophomores must submit a proposal to study away by December 1. In addition to consulting their major advisors, students should use the resources of the Office of International Study (OIS). The OIS organizes information sessions and holds drop-in advising hours, noted on their calendar.
Wellesley College Programs
- Wellesley-in-Chile offers students the opportunity to enroll in seven different Chilean universities in either Santiago or Valparaíso.
- In January 2018, Koichi Hagimoto organized a Wintersession in Cuba.
- Students also have the option of applying to Wellesley-approved study abroad programs.
- These include 22 programs in which the language of instruction is either Spanish or Portuguese.
- Students with an interest in Portuguese should contact António Igrejas in the Portuguese Program at Wellesley. Students have the option to study and complete internships in Brazil, Portugal and Africa (Cabo Verde).
- If a program is not approved, students must submit a petition to the International Study Committee, due on February 1 of their sophomore year.