DSI program staff can help you incorporate digital scholarship tools and techniques in your classroom teaching.
We can assist with assignment planning at all levels-- from short, experimental assignments to semester-long projects and independent studies. Some examples of assignments-- individual or group-- might include:
- Writing class blogs and wikis.
- Designing digital stories that incorporate historical or newly created audio, still images, and/or video.
- Preparing high-quality research posters for printing on our plotter printer.
- Creating interactive timelines.
- Annotating maps.
- Curating digital exhibits of images, sound, video, text, and other forms of data with rich interpretive descriptions.
- Performing close readings and annotations of text-based materials.
- Independent study projects based in the College Archives or Special Collections with a digital component.
Please contact Jenifer Bartle with questions or to help you get started.