- Opera Glass - detailed information on selected operas, including libretti, in the original language only, source texts, performance histories, and synopses
- Aria Database - practical information for singers on over 1,000 arias, including opera title, composer, role, synopsis, vocal range and tessitura, MIDI file, a translation for most arias, and current recordings. Also searchable by name of role.
- IPA Source - International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) pronunication and word-for-word translations for over 3,500 art songs and opera arias
- The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Opera - Brief entries on operas, operatic styles, opera history, and singers
- A Dictionary of Opera Characters - Information on operatic characters, and synopses of opera plots
- Opera vocal scores in the Music Library - over 800 piano-vocal scores, alphabetic by composer.
- Libretti in the Music Library - over 230 librettos, most with translations. Also consult the booklets for Music Library opera CDs, most of which provide translations.
- Lied and Art Song Texts Page - over 18,000 Lieder, art song, and choral texts, with nearly 5,000 translated into English. For each text, lists the author, with birth and death dates, and the composers who have set it to music. An invaluable resource.
- Song of America - on the history of American art song: composer biographies, essays, videos, and for selected songs, background info, sheet music, online recordings and music manuscripts
- IPA Source - International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) pronunciation and word-for-word translations for over 3,500 art songs and opera arias
- Collections of texts and translations in the Music Library - over 50 books of song texts and translations. Also consult the booklets for Music Library CDs of songs, most of which provide translations.
- Jazzsingers.com - a collection of links to jazz singers's sites, New York City and Chicago scenes and jam sessions, new recordings and books, clubs and concert halls, and tour schedules
- Vocal jazz at allmusic.com - links to pages on major vocal jazz artists, each of which includes an overview, biography, and lists of recordings (many with audio clips), films/DVDs, songs, credits, and awards
- Jazz vocals in the Music Library - CDs, DVDs, scores and fake books, methods, and more
- Internet Broadway Database - provides details of Broadway productions"from the beginnings of New York theatre until today." Complete cast lists, song lists, production credits and history
- Musical heaven: celebrating the musicals of yesterday and today - the "Musical Show Info, A-Z"section includes composer, lyricist, director, choreographer, cast list, plot summary, original cast recording, and complete song list for hundreds of shows
- Musicals on CD in the Music Library - over 130 recordings, complete shows and vocal selections
- Musicals limit to VHS, DVD and Laserdisc with limiters.
- Choral Public Domain Library - over 8,000 free, public domain scores for choral works, in pdf format, many with MIDI audio files
- Musica, the Virtual Choral Library - a bibliographic database listing over 100,000 choral works: entries provide composer, arranger, publisher, title, genre and form, level of difficulty, voicing, language, century, instrumentation, and for some works, partial scores
For help finding recordings and scores, or figuring out which online resources to use, please contact Carol Lubkowski (781.283.2076), or stop by the Music Library.