Zoom Remote Teaching Options
The PLTC has created a page on its internal Google Site containing pedagogical resources, including remote teaching best practices and evidence-based frameworks for effective online education. You can access that page here: https://sites.google.com/wellesley.edu/pltcfall2018/remote-teaching
Pepperdine’s Keep on Teaching page provides guidance regarding the pedagogical aspects of distance teaching, which help keep students progressing toward your course’s learning outcomes during disruptions.
The General Principles section describes how you can start preparing for disruptions before they occur.
The Specific Strategies section gives suggestions for moving in class activities to online spaces. It covers:
- Communicating with students - including holding virtual office hours using Zoom
- Delivering Lecture Content Online
- Running Lab Activities Online
- Conducting Discussions and Collaborative Work Online
- Receiving Student Presentations Online
- Administering Tests & Quizzes Online
Pepperdine is a Sakai school. They call Sakai “Courses”.
If you have questions about online teaching strategies and practices, please contact the Instructional Technology team at email@example.com