Banner Bookshelf The Banner Bookshelf includes PDF files for SunGard Higher Education Banner documentation. To use these PDF files, you must have Adobe Reader installed on your machine. You can open, read, search, and print the PDF files. You can launch Banner, click on the link to bookshelf on the right, and then read or conduct searches from there.
How to Read SunGard Higher Education Banner Documentation via Banner Bookshelf Once the Bookshelf is open, you see two panes. The left pane contains a bookmark for each SunGard Higher Education Banner baseline and line extension product (Accounts Receivable, Advancement, Finance, Financial Aid, General, Human Resources, Student, etc.) The right pane is Banner Unified Digital Campus Bookshelf . Scroll through this document to see more information on the document.
When you click the plus sign in front of a product bookmark, the bookmark expands to show you bookmarks for that product's manual. When you click the plus sign in front of a manual bookmark, the bookmark expands to show you a list of the chapter in the manual. To open a chapter, click the chapter bookmark. Each chapter has its own bookmark.
- Select a PDF file.
- Click in the Search box in the toolbar.
- Enter the word or phrase you like to search and press Enter .
- The first instance of your search will be highlighted. Press enter again to go to the next result or use the Next and Previous search keys to the right of the box.
- Drag the Banner Bookshelf icon from \\Ntm\Banner\Banner to your desktop. This is one-time job.
- Whenever you want to launch the bookshelf, open the PDF with the most recent date label.
- To set Adobe Reader preferences:
- To keep the Bookshelf document open while viewing other files:
- To set your Banner directory for multiple PDF document search:
- To start a search, click the Edit menu and select Search if the Search window is not already open.
- Go to Use Advanced Search Options .
- In What word or phrase would you like to search for? enter the word or phrase you like to search, for example, the word "sevis."
- In Look In select you Banner directory under Browser for Location .
- In Return results containing and Use these additional criteria choose Search options as desired.
- Click the Search button.
- The Results window will open showing the hits for your query.
- Click on the desired file. It shows each sentence containing your Search request.
- Once the file opens return to the Results window to view other hits and open another file.
- BADM - Admissions and Recruiting Discussion List
- BANNOUNCE - Banner Announcements List
- BALUMNI - Banner Announcements List
- BAR-L - Accounts Receivable Discussion List
- BCAPP - Student CAPP Discussion List
- BFINAID-L - Financial Aid Discussion List
- BFINANCE-L - Finance Discussion List
- BGENERAL-L - General Module Discussion List
- BHUMRES-L - Human Resources/Payroll Discussion List
- BINFO-L - Information Access VR WWW Discussion List
- BORACLE-L - Oracle Discussion List
- BPOST - Electronic Distribution Announcements List
- BPURCHASE - Purchasing
- BREPORT - Reporting Discussion List
- BSMALL-L - Small Schools Discussion List
- BSTUDENT-L - Student Module Discussion List
- BTRAIN-L - Banner Training Discussion List
How to Browse/Read ListServs Wellesley provides centralized access to these listservs via conferences on FirstClass. The above listservs are available in the SCT Listservs conference. To access that conference in FirstClass click on Wellesley Conferences , then Banner , and then SCT Listservs . You may right click on any one (such as BAR-L) and then select Add to Desktop . As a result, BAR-L will be on your desktop. These conferences begin migration to Sakai sometime in the fall.