Firefox 52 ESR Installation Instructions for PC Users
Checking your release:
Not sure if you have Firefox ESR?
Look at Update Channel for "ESR" using Firefox's instructions for checking your version.
- Close Firefox.
- Click on the “Start” button, which is on the left end of the toolbar.
- Click on “Control Panel” (listed in the right-hand column).
- Select “View by: Category”, then click on "Uninstall a program" under the “Programs” section in the bottom left.
- Find Mozilla Firefox in the list of installed programs.
- Right-click on the Mozilla Firefox program, then select “Uninstall”.
- The Mozilla Firefox wizard should open. Click “Next”, then “Uninstall”, then “Finish”.
- Click on the “Start” button again. Paste this link in the “Search programs and files” box: \\academicstore\software\facstaffstudents\firefox\PC
- Copy the Firefox Setup file and paste it on your desktop.
- On your desktop, double-click the Firefox Setup file, then click “Run”.
- If you’re asked, “Do you want to allow the following program (Firefox installer) to make changes to this computer? “, click “Yes”, then “Next”, then “Next” again.
- If you don’t want Firefox to be your default browser, uncheck the box that says, “Use Firefox as my default browser”, then click “Install”, then click “Finish”.
- If you’re asked if you want to refresh Firefox, click “Cancel”.
- You should now be able to use the newly-installed version of Firefox.
- Remember that you need to be logged into Wellesley Secure in order to use Banner ERP.
Please call the Help Desk at x3333 if you've followed these steps but still can't use Banner ERP.