- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Digital Fabrication, Research and Pedagogy
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
JAC-372 Equipment Instructions
Jewett Art Center 372 Temp Music Salon/Classroom
Classroom w/ tablet chairs
I S:C D Player
I S:Computer, Macintosh
I S:Microphone Lectern
I S:Projection Screen
I S:Projector, Slide(5)
I S:Projector, Transparency
I S:V C R, U.S.A. Only(2)
- On the equipment rack, the Extron Switcher Panel has 7 active buttons for selecting source inputs. Press the respective button for the source you intend to use.
- Video source remotes are located in either the equipment rack's pullout drawer or on the desk/table.
Turning on the Projector
Locate the Extron Switcher. Press and hold for 5 seconds the Display Power button to turn on the projector. The Display Power button will illuminate and the projector will take approximately 45 seconds to reach full brightness.
There is a fixed wall-mounted projection screen.
Projecting from the Mac
Confirm the Mac is on. Select the Mac button on the Extron Switcher.
Projecting from a Laptop
- Locate the VGA/audio cables on the instructor desk or in the equipment drawer. Connect one end of the cables to the laptop and the other end to the Computer connection on the front of the Extron Switcher.
- Press the Laptop button on the Extron Switcher to display the laptop screen.
Rotate the knob Volume on the Extron Switcher.
Projecting from a VHS or DVD (Combo Player)
Insert VHS tape or DVD into combo player in the equipment rack. Select the DVD/VCR button on the Extron Switcher. On the combo player, select either VCR or DVD. Press the play button or use the DVD/VCR remote control located in the equipment rack's pullout drawer.
Projecting from the DVD/CD player
Insert the disc. Press the DVD button on the Extron Switcher. Use the DVD remote or the onboard controls to play the disc.
Projecting from the Region-free DVD player
Insert the DVD. Press the Region-DVD button on the Extron Switcher. Use the DVD player's remote or onboard controls to play, pause, stop, etc.