- Library & Technology
- Hours & Locations
- Library Collections
- Library Research
- Technology Support
- Digital Fabrication, Research and Pedagogy
- Getting Started
- About Us
- Friends of the Library
LIB-346 Equipment Instructions
Margaret Clapp Library 346 Classroom Seminar Room
Conference Table (Seminar Rm)
I S:Computer, Macintosh
I S:Projection Screen
I S:Projector, L C D
I S:V C R, Multi-country
- On the equipment rack, the Extron Switcher Panel has 7 active buttons for selecting source inputs. Press the respective button for the source you intend to use.
- Video source remotes are located in either the equipment rack's pullout drawer or on the desk/table.
Turning on the Projector
Locate the Extron Switcher. Press and hold for 5 seconds the Display Power button to turn on the projector. The Display Power button will illuminate and the projector will take approximately 45 seconds to reach full brightness.
To raise or lower the projection screen, press the Screen UP or Screen DOWN buttons on the Extron Switcher, or use the screen's Up and Down controls on the wall next to the equipment rack.
Projecting from the Mac
- Confirm the Mac is on (power button is lit). Press the Mac button on the Extron Switcher.
- In addition to having a wired keyboard and mouse at the instructor station, there is also a wireless keyboard and mouse on the seminar table.
- The wireless keyboard also has a Trackball and Left-Alt/Right-Alt buttons at the top of the keyboard as a mouse alternative.
NOTE: The wireless keyboard and mouse operate on AA batteries. Additional batteries can be found in the pull-out drawer in the equipment rack.
Projecting from a Laptop
- Locate the VGA/audio cables on the instructor desk or in the equipment drawer. Connect one end of the cables to the laptop and the other end to the Computer connection on the front of the Extron Switcher.
- Press the Laptop button on the Extron Switcher to display the laptop screen.
Rotate the knob Volume on the Extron Switcher.
Projecting from a VHS or DVD (Combo Player)
Insert VHS tape or DVD into combo player in the equipment rack. Select the DVD/VCR button on the Extron Switcher. On the combo player, select either VCR or DVD. Press the play button or use the DVD/VCR remote control located in the equipment rack's pullout drawer.
Projecting from the Blu-ray Player
Insert a standard DVD or Blu-ray DVD into Blu-ray player. Select the B/D DVD button on the Extron Switcher. Use the Blu-ray player's remote control located in the equipment rack's pullout drawer.
Projecting from the Region-free DVD player
Insert the DVD. Press the Region-DVD button on the Extron Switcher. Use the DVD player's remote or onboard controls to play, pause, stop, etc.