Google Groups at Wellesley does not allow you to add non-Wellesley email addresses by default. To add a non-Wellesley email address to a Google Group, follow the directions below. Once the settings have been changed and you add the non-Wellesley email address, they will be able to receive and send emails to the Group similar to an email mailing list. They will not be able to access the web view of the Group, which is only accessible by people with Wellesley domain accounts.
- Open your Wellesley Gmail in a web browser.
- Click on the nine-dot square in the top right corner and click on Groups.
- Click My Groups
- Find the Group you wish to edit in the list, and click the Manage link under the Group name.
- In the Group's management page, on the left, click on Settings > Identity.
- In the Required forms of identity option, click Either display name or Google profile, and click Save.
- On the left, click on Permissions > Basic Permissions.
- In the Allow members external to this organization section, check the box next to Allow new users not in wellesley.edu, and click Save.
- You can now go to Direct add members and add the non-Wellesley email addresses to your Group.