Quick Reference Guide for the Secure SSL VPN
The steps below allow quick access to the Secure SSL VPN. If you are having problems, please either go through the First-time User's Guide again, check the Troubleshooting page, or contact the Computing Help Desk for assistance.
The Secure SSL VPN website and directions below will NOT work when you are on-campus. You must be either off-campus, or stop by the Computing Help Desk to setup the Secure SSL VPN.
- Launch the Cisco AnyConnect Client using one of the methods below:
- Search for AnyConnect and launch the application
- Go to your Applications folder, Cisco folder, and launch the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- Make sure vpn.wellesley.edu/secure is in the VPN field, and click Connect.
- If you are automatically prompted to login when you launch the AnyConnect Client, make sure the VPN field is correct. Sometimes it removes the 'secure' text from the field.
- Enter your Domain Account in the popup window and click OK.
- You are now connected to the Secure SSL VPN. A globe with a lock will appear in the menubar, and the AnyConnect icon in the dock will now have a lock next to it:
- Menubar icon:
- Dock Icon:
- If a new browser window appears and prompts you to login to the Secure SSL VPN, you do not need to do this and can close the web browser.
- You may now use the secure resources behind the Secure SSL VPN.
- Be sure to follow the disconnect directions below when you are done using the systems.
It is good practice to disconnect from the Secure SSL VPN when you have finished using the secure resources, or before putting your computer to sleep. This will speed up your internet connection for other non-secure activity, and keep the secure resources secure.
To disconnect from the Secure SSL VPN, quit any applications using the secure resources, and then quit the Cisco AnyConnect Client. To quit the client, in the menubar, click on the Cisco AnyConnect Client globe icon and select Quit. The client will first disconnect your computer from the Secure SSL VPN and then quit the application. You may notice a brief interruption in your internet connection.