These are the instructions for installing Malwarebytes on college-owned Mac computers.
To install Malwarebytes for Mac on a college-owned computer:
- Get the installer and license
- The installer and license are restricted to faculty and staff for college-owned computers, so your computer needs to be on Wellesley Secure Wifi or using an ethernet cable on campus; off campus, you'll need to use the VPN.
- In the Finder, use the Go menu and select Connect to Server....
- Enter the server information smb://academicstore/software, click Connect
- Connect As: Registered User
- Name and Password: enter your Wellesley username and password, click Connect
Problems connecting? Try academicstore.wellesley.edu instead of just academicstore, or try wellesley\username instead of just username
- Double-click on facstaff, then on for your college-owned computer, then Malwarebytes
- Drag the Mac folder to your desktop
- Wait for the folder to finish copying
- Install the software
- Double-click on the Mac folder you copied to your desktop
- Double-click on the Malwarebytes Breach Remediation installer
- Follow the instructions on the screen to drag Malwarebytes Breach Remediation into the Applications folder
- Close the Malwarebytes Breach Remediation folder
- Double-click on the license.txt file
- Select the license code and copy it
- Launch Malwarebytes Breach Remediation from your Mac's Applications
- If prompted about whether you're sure you want to run this application, say that you are
- If prompted for a username and password, put in the account information for an administrator on your Mac (likely what you use to log in to the computer)
- Paste in the license key you copied above when prompted for it
- Scan your computer: click on the Scan icon
- After making sure Malwarebytes is working properly, eject the Malwarebytes Breach Remediation installer and drag the Mac folder to the trash.