R is a statistical software program. RStudio is a user interface for R that organizes the windows you see while using R. We recommend that Windows users install both R and R Studio, as the default R interface on Windows is not user friendly. Both R and RStudio are free and open source.
Download and Install R
- Visit http://cran.rstudio.com/
- Choose Download R for Windows.
- From the text on the top line, click Install R for the first time.
- Click Download R 3.1.1 for Windows to download the installer.
- After you have downloaded R, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
Download and Install R Studio
- Go to: http://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/
- Under Installers for ALL Platforms, choose Windows XP/Vista/7/8.
- After you have downloaded RStudio, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.