SSL VPN for Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
NOTE: You must be off campus to use the SSL VPN. If you are on campus and wish to test the SSL VPN with your computer, please stop by the Computing Help Desk in the Clapp Library, where there is an off-campus drop set up for testing the SSL VPN.
Install the AnyConnect Client
- Download the AnyConnect Client.
- You must be logged into your Wellesley Google Apps account to download this.
- Launch the anyconnect.msi installer.
- Proceed through the installer
- Click Next
- Select I Agree and click Next
- Click Install
- When the install has completed, click Finish.
Using the AnyConnect Client
- Launch the AnyConnect Client using one of the methods below:
- Search for AnyConnect and click on the Client that appears in the search.
- Go to Start > All Programs > Cisco and launch the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- In the VPN: field, type vpn.wellesley.edu and click Connect.
- Enter your Domain Account information into the popup window and click OK.
- You are now connected to the SSL VPN. A globe with a lock will appear in the notification area.
- A browser window for https://vpn.wellesley.edu may appear after you log in to the client and ask you to log in again. You can close this window without logging in again.
- You can now use the Wellesley resources behind the SSL VPN.
- When you are finished using the SSL VPN, please disconnect from the SSL VPN.
Using the SSL VPN for Access to Wellesley Resources
After you have installed the AnyConnect Client, to access the SSL VPN again, simply launch the AnyConnect Client, make sure the VPN field is vpn.wellesley.edu, and log in with your Domain Account information when prompted. After logging in, the AnyConnect software will do an upgrade (if necessary), then log you into the SSL VPN.
While your computer will now appear to be an on-campus computer, there are some slight differences in how you access on-campus resources (such as NTM), and you may need to update the configuration of some licensed software (such as SPSS). Click here for information on using Wellesley resources through the SSL VPN .
All internet activity on your computer is now going through Wellesley's network.
Disconnecting from the Wellesley SSL VPN
When you are finished using the Wellesley resources you needed the SSL VPN for, you should disconnect from the SSL VPN by right-clicking the Cisco AnyConnect icon in the Windows notification area and choosing Quit. You will briefly see a popup window with status information that will disappear when the SSL VPN has logged you out and closed the application.