What services are provided by Wellesley College Mail Services?
- Provides campus and U.S. mail delivery for the Wellesley College Community.
- Processes outgoing U.S. mail for academic and administrative departments.
- Forward faculty mail over the summer months.
- Process outgoing International mail for College departments through our remailer.
- Maintain all College mailing permits and processes charges to departments.
- Maintain records of all mailing cost for departments and send monthly report to the Controller’s Office.
Campus Mail Policy
What can be mailed through campus mail?
- Mail from Wellesley College academic and administrative departments.
- Mailings that has been approved by the Wellesley College administration.
What cannot be mailed through campus mail?
- Advertisements from outside vendors.
- Campus mail cannot be used for any for profit sales related to college activities.
- Unmarked flyers from on or off campus organizations.
- Items smaller than 3.5” X 5”.
Campus Mail provides a service to the entire community; please help us by using campus mail properly.
How to have suppliers address the packages they ship to you. Please instruct whoever is shipping the package to address it as follows:Recipients’ Name
106 Central Street
Wellesley MA 02481-8203
Wellesley College Mail Services strongly discourages personal packages being shipped to your office on campus. Please help the Mail Services and Distribution Center staff reduce delivery volumes by not using the campus for your personal mail and package business. Thank you for understanding.
More General Facts
The minimum size of mail accepted for campus and U.S. mail is 3.5”X5”.
All mail should include office, department, or unit numbers with name and address.
Mail for committees, commissions, or organizations should be addressed c/o an individual connected with the group.
Sealed campus notices must have a return address or it should appear in the context of unsealed notices so that mail can be returned to sender.
All mailings should be sorted by department or unit number and be clipped or banded. If these guidelines are not followed, mail will be returned for proper preparation.