/sites/default/files/assets/departments/neuroscience/files/gilpin2021_article_journal_of_n.pdfDiversity, Equity and Inclusion in Neuroscience (DEIN)
Events and Social Media
- #BlackInNeuro - Celebrating Black excellence in Neuro-related fields and here is a great article on the founder of #BlackInNeuro
Women in Neuroscience
- Celebrating 50 years of Women in Neuroscience (select the second of two videos)
- Entrepreneurial Women Combining Neuroscience, Engineering, and Tech
Readings and Seminars
- For Black Scientists, the Sorrow Is Also Personal
- What Black scientists want from colleagues and their institutions
- Black Lives Matter and Neuroscience: Why This Moment Matters
- Building a Pipeline from the Nation's First Tribal College to Neuroscience Laboratories
- Navigating and Thriving in Institutions as an Underrepresented Researcher
- Advice for Navigating Academia as a Black Woman
- Missing in Action: African Ancestry Brain Research by Weinberger et al., Neuron, 2020
- Two Editorials from JAMA on the need for diversity in Medical Schools: A Much-Needed New Beginning and Need for a New Bold Approach
- Structural Racism in Medicine and Health Care
- Toward an Anti-Racist Approach to Biomedical and Neuroscience Research
Resources and Networking
- ABRCMS - Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students
- SACNAS - Advancing Chicanos/Hispanics & Native Americans in Science
- ALBA Network - aims to promote equality and diversity in the brain sciences
- The Society for Neuroscience:
- Neuroline Resources - Discover toolkits, articles, and interviews sharing advice on how to create equal opportunities for all scientists with Neuronline’s diversity resources.
- Looking for a Speaker from a Diverse Background - The following pages created by external organizations are available to identify speakers from diverse backgrounds.
- Neuroscience Scholars Program The Neuroscience Scholars Program (NSP) is a two-year online training program open to underrepresented graduate students and postdoctoral researchers.
- UMASS Amherst Neuroscience & Behavior - A collection of great resources, including resources for examining and mitigating implicit bias.
- The African American Neuroscience Research Initiative addresses health and neuroscience research disparities.
- The African Ancestry Neuroscience Research Initiative aims to establish a road map to help close the gap in health disparities and accelerate research efforts that will lead to new treatments for brain disorders.