Questions about the Women in Public Service Institute being hosted at Wellesley College?
Please check the answers to frequently asked questions below. These questions pertain to the event on June 11.
- I’d like to attend the event. How can I register?
- This event is currently open to local alumnae, faculty, staff, and students of Wellesley College. If you are a faculty or staff member, or if you are a student, please register online. You will need to bring your valid Wellesley College I.D. If you are a local-area alumna, you may register through the link that was emailed to you. You will need to bring the ticket that you received when you registered.
- I’m having problems registering online. Whom can I contact?
- Tickets for alumnae are free but very limited; it is possible that the event has sold out. However, if you received a confirmation email and still have questions, please contact email@example.com.
- How do I get my ticket?
- If you are a current student or a member of the faculty or staff, please bring your valid Wellesley College I.D. If you are an alum registered to attend, please print and bring your ticket, or be prepared to show your ticket on your smartphone. You must also bring a photo I.D.
- Is there free parking?
- Yes, free parking is available in the Davis Parking Facility. If the parking garage is full, you may be directed to another on-campus location to park.
- Can I bring a guest with me?
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests. Each ticket—or each Wellesley College I.D.—will allow entry for one person. Anyone who arrives on campus without a ticket or without their Wellesley I.D. will be directed to view the event via live stream at another location on campus.
- Are there restrictions on what I can bring into the venue?
- Please avoid bringing any large bags, backpacks, etc. that will require additional scrutiny, slowing the security process. We will not be able to provide a storage area for such items.
- What time does the event start?
- The doors will open at 9:30 a.m. and we strongly urge all attendees to arrive at that time. Secret Service will have security measures in place and, while cumbersome, they are critical to ensuring the safety of everyone involved. We ask you in advance for your patience. Doors close promptly at 10:40 a.m., and the program begins shortly after that.
- If I have to leave in the middle of the event, will I be able to get back in?
- Owing to security concerns, we cannot guarantee re-entry.
- I’m a journalist interested in covering this event. What do I need to do to get credentials?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request credentials.
- Will Hillary Clinton or Madeleine Albright be signing autographs?
- The speakers will NOT be available to the public before or after the event. There will be opportunities to ask questions of them both during the event Q&A.
- What time does the event end?
- The anticipated end time is 12:30 p.m., although all times for the event are approximate.
- What if I can’t attend the event?
- You are welcome to join us electronically! The event will be streamed live online.
If you have any further questions, please direct them to email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you Monday!