Wellesley College Travel Assist Program
Managed and administered through ACE USA and Europ Assistance, the Wellesley College Assistance Abroad Program provides all Wellesley College students, faculty and staff who travel for College-related activities with medical, travel and security assistance. Europ Assistance USA is a global assistance leader established in 1963, offering robust services through worldwide alarm centers and numerous service providers.
Some of the benefits include:
* Emergency Medical Payments, Medical Expense Guarantee, Hospital Admission Guarantee
* Emergency Medical Transport, Medical Evacuation or Repatriation
* Dispatch of a Doctor or Specialist
* Security Evacuation Services
* Online Security Information
* Pre-Trip Information Services
* ACE travel smartphone app
For a full listing of Program Benefits, click here.
To register with the ACE Travel Assistance website, please follow these steps.
The ACE Travel Assistance Program card provides Wellesley's membership number and information about how to access services. Membership cards are distributed to study abroad students at the mandatory pre-departure meeting. Other travelers should request a card from the appropriate Wellesley administrator:
- For study abroad or faculty travel: Office of International Studies- Jennifer Thomas-Starck
- For all other travel: Risk and Compliance Manager - Jodi Williams
All students are also strongly encouraged to enroll in the US State Department's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program in order to receive advisories and alerts relevant to their study abroad plans.
In Case of Emergency
In case of emergency, students participating on academic study abroad programs administered or approved by Wellesley should first follow the emergency instructions provided by their study abroad program and/or host institution and notify the OIS as soon as possible. Should students require additional assistance they should access:
1. Call First: The Wellesley College Assistance Abroad Program
1-800-243-6124 (inside the USA)
1-202-659-7803 (Outside the USA call collect)
2. Then, Notify the Office of International Study
During regular office hours, call: 781-283-2320 or 781-283-3532
After hours, call Campus Police: 781-283-2121, to be connected to the staff member on call
3. And, Inform Primary Insurance Carrier
The student, or the student's emergency contact, is responsible for informing her primary insurance carrier.
In the event that circumstances draw media attention, all inquiries should be directed to Wellesley College Public Affairs (781-283-2373 or firstname.lastname@example.org).