Wellesley College Travel Assist Program
In case of medical, security, or mental health questions, concerns or situations,Wellesley College students and staff should call International SOS at 1-215-942-8226 or through the International SOS mobile app.
Managed and administered through International SOS and Cigna, the Wellesley College Assistance Abroad Program provides all Wellesley College students, faculty and staff who travel for College-related activities with medical, travel and security assistance and international health insurance coverage.
Some of the benefits include (see linked chart for more info):
- Emergency Medical Payments, Medical Expense Guarantee, Hospital Admission Guarantee
- Emergency Medical Transport, Medical Evacuation or Repatriation
- Confidential Resource in case of Sexual Assault
- Dispatch of a Doctor or Specialist
- Security Evacuation Services
- Online Security Information
- Pre-Trip Information Services
- Mental Health Counseling & Support
- Telemedicine consultations
Coverage is valid for the duration of the program and subject to policy terms and conditions. Information provided on this website or by any Wellesley staff as respects this program does not change any policy terms or conditions on policies issued by International SOS and/or Cigna.
All travelers are also strongly encouraged to enroll in the US State Department's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program in order to receive advisories and alerts relevant to their study abroad plans.
In Case of Emergency
In case of emergency, students participating in academic study abroad programs administered or approved by Wellesley College should first follow the emergency instructions provided by their study abroad program and/or host institution. Should students require additional assistance they should:
1. Call International SOS at 1-215-942-8226 or contact them through the mobile app
2. Notify the Office of International Study
- During regular office hours, call: 781-283-3532
- After hours, call Campus Police: 781-283-2121, to be connected to the staff member on call
3. Inform Primary Insurance Carrier
- The student, or the student's emergency contact, is responsible for informing her primary insurance carrier.
**In the event that circumstances draw media attention, all inquiries should be directed to Wellesley College Public Affairs (781-283-2373 or email@example.com)