Wellesley College Travel Assist Program
Managed and administered through AIG and Travel Guard Services, the Wellesley College Assistance Abroad Program provides all Wellesley College students, faculty and staff who travel for College-related activities with medical, travel and security assistance.
Some of the benefits include:
- Emergency Medical Payments, Medical Expense Guarantee, Hospital Admission Guarantee
- Emergency Medical Transport, Medical Evacuation or Repatriation
- Confidential Resource in case of Sexual Assault
- Dispatch of a Doctor or Specialist
- Security Evacuation Services
- Online Security Information
- Pre-Trip Information Services
- AIG travel smartphone app
Coverage is valid for the duration of the program and subject to policy terms and conditions. Information provided on this website or by any Wellesley staff as respects this program does not change any policy terms or conditions on policies issued by AIG. See a full listing of Program Benefits and access and print your membership card here.
The AIG Travel Assistance card provides Wellesley's policy number and information about how to access services. Membership information is distributed to study abroad students via email prior to departure. Other travelers should request information from the appropriate Wellesley administrator:
- For study abroad or faculty travel: Office of International Studies- Jennifer Thomas-Starck
- For all other travel: Risk and Compliance Manager - Melissa Fletcher
All students are also strongly encouraged to enroll in the US State Department's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program in order to receive advisories and alerts relevant to their study abroad plans.
In Case of Emergency
In case of emergency, students participating on academic study abroad programs administered or approved by Wellesley should first follow the emergency instructions provided by their study abroad program and/or host institution and notify the OIS as soon as possible. Should students require additional assistance they should access:
1. Call First: The Wellesley College Assistance Abroad Program:
- 1-877-832-3523 (within the US)
- 1-715-295-1194 (outside the US)
2. Then, Notify the Office of International Study
- During regular office hours, call: 781-283-2320 or 781-283-3532
- After hours, call Campus Police: 781-283-2121, to be connected to the staff member on call
3. And, Inform Primary Insurance Carrier
- The student, or the student's emergency contact, is responsible for informing her primary insurance carrier.
**In the event that circumstances draw media attention, all inquiries should be directed to Wellesley College Public Affairs (781-283-2373 or email@example.com)