domestic exchange

Wellesley College students may spend a semester or year at another college or university in the US.

The Office of International Study works with students who wish to apply to the 12 College Exchange for study at Amherst, Bowdoin, Connecticut College, Dartmouth, Mount Holyoke, Smith, Trinity, Vassar, Wheaton or Wesleyan or at the National Theatre Institute (Connecticut College) or Williams-Mystic Maritime Program.  To apply, students must submit the following documents for internal review: 

by December 1   Major Declaration
by December 1   Proposal to Study Away
by February 1     12 College Application 

Participants should have junior standing and a gpa of 3.0 or higher. Students are selected by lottery by the partner college in March, based on enrollment limitations at that institution. 

Wellesley financial aid is transferable to the Domestic Exchange partners. Arrangements vary by institution. Please contact the OIS for further information.

Visiting Student Programs in the US

It is also possible to spend a semester or year at any number of accredited US colleges and universities. Wellesley financial aid does not apply, and all coursework should be approved by the relevant department chair or program director. Please contact your Class Dean for more information.