- Know your destination and have a planned route of travel.
- Always be alert and aware of what is around you.
- If you see someone on the road that indicates they need help, it is best to call the police when you get to the nearest telephone.
- Keep doors locked and windows up when driving or parked.
- Keep your valuables in the trunk, locked glove compartment, or out of sight whenever traveling or leaving a vehicle parked.
- Always park in well-lighted areas.
- Check the interior of your vehicle and surrounding areas before entering your vehicle.
- Do not pick up hitchhikers.