Daily Crime Log
The Wellesley College Police Department maintains a daily crime log that records, by the date the incident was reported to us, all crimes and other serious incidents that occur on campus, on or in a noncampus building or property, on public property, or within the patrol jurisdiction of the Wellesley College Police Department. The Daily Crime Log is open for public inspection at the Wellesley College Police Station, located in the Davis Parking Facility.
Our process for maintaining and making the Daily Crime Log available complies with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.
The Daily Crime Log includes:
- The nature, date, time, and general location of each crime reported to us; and
- The disposition of the complaint, if the disposition is known at the time the log is created.
The Wellesley College Police Department posts specific incidents in the Daily Crime Log within two business days of receiving a report of an incident. We reserve the right to exclude crime report information from the log under these circumstances:
- If posting the information jeopardizes an on-going investigation;
- If posting the information would cause a suspect to flee or evade detection;
- If posting the information could result in the destruction of evidence relating to the crime
Campus Police will post the information once the above-listed factors are no longer present, and/or there is no longer a chance that posting the information would adversely affect an on-going investigation.
We make available the most recent 60 days of crime logs. If you wish to view Daily Crime Logs you may do so by appointment Monday - Friday (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) by contacting
Lt. Philip N. Di Blasi, Wellesley College Police Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) at extension 3883.