To be considered as a candidate for the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program, students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Be a student with sophomore standing with a strong and demonstrated interest in an MMUF designated field (no exceptions). Juniors may be considered in exceptional cases.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher, which must be maintained.
- Complete a preliminary application form discussing their particular academic interests.
- Request one letter of recommendation from a faculty member, preferably in your major. Share link with faculty member. The recommendation submission deadline is Friday, December 8, 2017.
- Submit a current resume with application. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit an unofficial transcript. Send to email@example.com.
- If invited, participate in an interview on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 (tentative).
Applications are due no later than Friday, December 8, 2017. If you have any questions about this program, please contact Dr. Tracey Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org or x2133.