Wellesley College Travel Policy
The Wellesley College Travel Policy provides guidelines and establishes procedures for employees traveling on College business. The purpose of this policy is to:
- Provide a clear and consistent set of policies and procedures for all Wellesley College business travelers
- Inform employees and approvers of their responsibilities relative to business travel
- Ensure quality service for employees traveling on College business
- Implement travel procedures which are the most cost effective to the College
- Simplify travel arrangements that enable the College to better manage its travel budget
- Comply with state and federal regulations
Please remember that the ProCard cannot be used to book travel or for travel related expenses.
With the exception of authorized air and rail fares arranged through Carlson Wagonlit Travel, Cleveland Circle Travel, or The Travel Collaborative, no travel expenses are to be billed directly to the College.
Within 60 days of the travel completion date, all travel expenses with supporting documentation should be submitted to the Controller’s Office on a properly completed and approved Travel Expense Report. When the report is properly submitted, reimbursement will be issued promptly.
A travel cash advance is available when payment must be made prior to the actual travel (i.e. airline tickets and hotel reservations). To request a travel advance, submit a Travel Advance Form and forward to Accounts Payable for processing.
Wellesley College now has updated contracts with our preferred car rental companies, Enterprise and National car rentals, that can be used for local, national, and personal travel. Information on the Wellesley accounts and how to book your travel can be found in this secure Google Drive.
Any Risk Management related information for Wellesley College staff members traveling on College business can be found here.
Questions regarding these travel policies may be directed to the Purchasing or Controller's Office.