Wellesley College Travel Policy
The Wellesley College Travel Policy provides guidelines and establishes procedures for employees traveling on College business. The purpose of this policy is to:
- Provide a clear and consistent set of policies and procedures for all Wellesley College business travelers
- Inform employees and approvers of their responsibilities relative to business travel
- Ensure quality service for employees traveling on College business
- Implement travel procedures which are the most cost effective to the College
- Simplify travel arrangements that enable the College to better manage its travel budget
- Comply with state and federal regulations
A Workday Expense Report including receipts and supporting documentation should be submitted within 60 days of the travel completion date.
If you do not have a college issued Travel Card you may request a travel cash advance by submitting a Workday Spend Authorization.
Wellesley College now has updated contracts with our preferred car rental companies, Enterprise and National car rentals, that can be used for local, national, and personal travel. Information on the Wellesley accounts and how to book your travel can be found in this secure Google Drive.
Wellesley College is also a part of the Boston Consortium which includes discounted member rates for Club Quarters Hotels.
Any Risk Management related information for Wellesley College staff members traveling on College business can be found here.
Questions regarding these travel policies may be directed to the Purchasing or Controller's Office.