Find A Classroom Assignment
Use the online Course Browser to identify the classroom assigned for any given course. Take special care to note when the course has a multiple meeting pattern (i.e. meets at different times on different days and/or class meetings have different durations) as well as to alternate Wednesday meeting sessions, as these may have a different classroom than the rest of the class meetings.
Classroom technology emergency?
If you are experiencing a classroom technology emergency, please call the Computing Help Desk at xHELP (x4357).
What is in the Room?
A complete overview of each classroom is available through 25Live.
- Log in using your domain name and password.
- Click on the Locations tab
- Enter building code (example: "FND", "SCI", "PNE", or "JAC") and select GO
Click on the List tab.
Click on the classroom name to see detailed description and photo.
Library & Technology Services (LTS) supports technology, including hardware and software, in the classrooms. LTS provides excellent support and materials documenting the technology available in each campus space. Find out more.
Make a Request to Change Classrooms
If the classroom assigned to you does not accommodate your needs and you wish to request a reassignment, please fill out a Classroom Change Request form so that we have all the details we need:
Step 1: Identify a preferred available classroom.
To search for an available classroom, use the classroom occupancy application which displays the classroom utilization by term and by classroom location.
Find details about the furnishings and features of specific classrooms through 25Live
Instructions for viewing the classroom details are found under the heading ‘What is in the Room?’ (above).
NOTE: If the classroom you are assigned to does not include some of the additional technologies that are essential for your teaching (such as a document camera) please note this on the Classroom Change Request Form.
Step 2: Request a classroom change by completing a Classroom Change Request Form:
We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
If you have indicated a specific classroom that you wish to move to, and either (a.) it is currently unassigned or (b.) the current faculty member assigned to this space has agreed to swap classrooms, we will process this request and notify you.
For those faculty who have stated general needs for classroom features, general room location and the like (.e.g. ‘Seminar room’, ‘any room Science Center’), we will next try to find suitable available space.
In limited cases we may propose a classroom swap(s) in order to accommodate your classroom change request. We work closely with the Building Directors in these cases.
Extra Class Meetings
Extra class meetings (review sessions, class presentations, film showings, honors orals, makeup sessions) need to be requested through 25Live. Log in using your domain name and password and complete the new event form.
- Log in using your domain name and password
- Click on the Event Wizard tab
- Fill out the necessary fields marked with *
- Note: The Event Type for all curricular events needs to start with "Registrar-XXXX"
- Click Next and continue through the rest of the form to request a Location and any Service Requests as needed
- Click on "Finish" to save your event
- A confirmation email will be sent to you when approved (3-5 business days)
Once submitted, the request will be reviewed by the Office of the Registrar. You will be contacted if there is any additional information required prior to approval. Event State will be "draft" until approved by the Registrar's Office.
What Else is Happening in this Classroom/Building?
- Go to the Classroom Occupancy App to find which courses are scheduled in a particular classroom for the semester.
- Log in to 25Live using domain name and password
- Click on the Locations tab
- Enter building code, example "FND" and select GO
- Click on the Calendar tab
- A calendar will come up for the current month with all events happening in the building.