Major/ Minor Declaration and Confirmation Processes
Students can complete their Major/Minor Declaration or Confirmation form online and submit it to their advisor, who will be able to approve it electronically. Students are expected to meet with their desired faculty advisor prior to submitting a new declaration or confirmation form.
Note: It is highly recommended that students speak both with their Major / Minor Advisor and their Class Dean prior to changing or dropping a major / minor in order to make alternative academic plans and make sure that the student can stay on track to complete all degree requirements.
The online major/minor declaration form will be available to all students beginning on Wednesday, October 6, 2021 in Workday. Read the Major/Minor Information for Students documentation for detailed instructions on how to complete the online major/ minor forms.
Things to keep in mind:
- You may declare a) one major, b) two majors, or c) a major and a minor.
- You cannot count the same course toward two majors, or simultaneously towards a major and a minor.
- Students who wish to count courses that were not taken at Wellesley towards their major/minor need to obtain approval from the Department Chair or Program Director via a Transfer of Credit form.
Note: The dates below are subject to change.
- Wednesday, December 1, 2021 - for those planning on going abroad in their Junior Year
- Tuesday, March 1, 2022 - for all Sophomores
- Friday, October 29, 2021 - Major/Minor Confirmation due.
- Friday, February 11, 2022 - Last day to add or drop a Major/Minor
Students interested in designing their own major need to familiarize themselves with the individual major declaration process.