Severinghaus Summer Internship Program in Ministry/Human Services
Memory of Eamavail Luce Severinghaus ‘24
The Religion Department oversees the Severinghaus Summer Internship Program in
Ministry/Human Services. The Program supports students who wish to pursue internships in ministry, human services and/or religion in society.
Students may elect to engage in research or hands-on work through positions with humanitarian or social action agencies, charitable or religious organizations or policy-based institutes.
Recently funded projects include the following:
- Asian & Pacific Islander Coalition on HIV/AIDS
- Bread for the World
- Camp Whatchamacallit
- Come Let's Dance
- Gawou Ginou King Foundation
- Interfaith Hospital Network
- Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust
- Rosemount Center
- St. Stephen’s Youth Programs
- The Street Child Project
- Wheelchairs of Hope
- The program is open to current Wellesley College first-years, sophomores and juniors.
- The deadline to apply is March 3rd at 11:30pm.
- The maximum stipend is $4,000 for work in the U.S. and $6,000 for international locations.
- Students are expected to devote full-time to the internship for a period of 8–10 weeks.
- For more information and an application please click here for the Department of Religion Summer Opportunities in Career Education.