December 2017 Residence Hall Closing and
January 2018 Wintersession Information
Friday, December 22, 2017- Fall semester housing closes at 12:00 pm
Wednesday, January 3, 2018- Wintersession residence halls open at 12:00noon
Thursday, January 4, 2018- Wintersession classes begin
Thursday, January 25, 2018- Wintersession classes end
Saturday, January 27, 2018- All halls open to returning students at 9:00am
Monday, January 29, 2018- Spring semester classes begin
- Students graduating, going on Leave of Absence or Study Abroad for Spring Semester may not store any items.
- Students who have received approval for Wintersession housing will be added to the Wintersession Housing Google group. Please monitor this group for important announcements.
- Please unplug everything in your room, close and lock your windows, pull your shades, turn the heat to #2 on your dial, and close and lock your room door.
- Students are expected to depart Residence Halls 24 hours after last exam. Exams end on Thursday, December 21.
ALL RESIDENCE HALLS WILL CLOSE AT 12:00 pm on Friday, December 22. ID CARDS WILL BE DEACTIVATED AT 12:00 pm. Failure to vacate the Residence Hall by this deadline will result in a fine of $50 per hour after 12:00pm.
- No access to Residence Halls, including storage areas, will be allowed from 12:00pm December 22 through 9:00am January 27, 2018.
STUDENTS WHO ARE GRADUATING OR LEAVING CAMPUS AT THE END OF FALL SEMESTER
- Any student not returning for Spring Semester must return their room key to the locked key box near your Professional Residence Life member’s apartment or office by 12:00pm December 22. There is a $30.00 fine for failure to return room keys.
- Rooms of students not returning for Spring Semester must be emptied of all belongings by the residents prior to leaving in December. A Residential Life Staff member must inspect the room before it is vacated.
- Any student who fails to remove all of their belongings from their room will be charged for removal of items.
- There is no storage for students going on leave.
- If you are changing residence hall rooms at the end of the semester you will be required to store your belongings in the building you have been residing in for fall semester and then retrieve them when you return in January.
- Please be advised that Professional Staff will check all student rooms. Inspection of your room may begin on the day you depart, and will be completed by December 22.
- Please take all applicable safety precautions. You MUST unplug everything from your outlets and close all windows. Please see checklist at the end of this memo for additional safety and security precautions to take when leaving for break.
- Students’ personal belongings may not be left in common space, i.e. hallways, living rooms, TV rooms, kitchenettes, laundry rooms, and bathrooms. Items left in common space will be discarded.
- It is recommended that you take all valuable items home with you during the Wintersession holiday.
- Each residence hall will observe 23 hour quiet hours from 8:00 am December 15 through 12:00 pm December 22.
- Please refer to the posted scheduled from AVI Fresh for information on specific Dining Hall closing dates.
- Bates Dining Hall will be open for Wintersession on January 4, 2018 with dinner from 5:00 - 7:00 pm.
- The hours of operation are:
Saturday and Sunday
|Breakfast||7:30 – 9:30am||No Service|
|Lunch||11:30am – 1:30pm||11:30 am - 1:00 pm|
|Dinner||5:00 – 7:00pm||5:00 – 6:00pm|
- Regular Bae Pao Lu door prices will apply during this time period. Students can take advantage of a 10% bonus by pre-loading your ID with points.
- For additional information please refer to the dining services website or call x2297.
- Students not attending Wintersession who wish to leave their car on campus must email Parking@wellesley.edu with your vehicle information.
- All student vehicles stored on campus must be parked in the Davis Parking Facility in student parking on levels 3 and 4 of the garage and vehicles that impede snow removal will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Students in Wintersession housing with a vehicle on campus must register it with the WC Police Department.
- Parking permits are available 24 hours a day.
- Permits cost $2.00 per day on weekdays, $10.00 per week and $40.00 for all of Wintersession.
- Sophomores, juniors and seniors may also pay the $75.00 fee to cover Wintersession and spring semester at Campus Police to register your vehicle.
- If your vehicle is already registered for the full academic year, you do not need to re-register it.
- Students with general questions should call the Wellesley College Police Department at x2121. Specific questions related to parking may be sent to email@example.com .
- If you are not going to be here for second semester courses, you may not store anything on campus. Please make arrangements to take your belongings home with you or contact the area storage vendor. Places you may contact for your storage needs include NE Pack and Ship http://newenglandpackandship.com or Boomerang Storage http://www.boomerangstorage.com/
- Reminder - If you are moving to another room for the Spring Semester, you may coordinate your storage with your AC. Please be reminded that you are responsible to clear your room before 12:00 pm, December 22.
Reminder: When making travel plans for Spring Semester, please be advised that Residence Halls close at 12:00pm, Wednesday, May 23. Only seniors, and students with special permission, may stay on campus past this date and time. Residence Halls close for all students at 8:00 pm, Friday, June 1.