December 2019 Residence Hall Closing and
January 2020 Wintersession Information
Saturday, December 21, 2019: Fall semester housing closes at 12:00 pm
Saturday, December 21, 2019: Winter Break Housing begins in Stone Davis
Tuesday, December 31, 2019: All halls open for Wintersession at 9AM
Thursday January 2, 2020: Wintersession classes begin
Thursday, January 23, 2020: Wintersession classes end
Saturday, January 25, 2020: All halls open for spring semester at 9AM
Monday, January 27, 2020: Spring semester classes begin
- Students graduating, going on Leave of Absence, or Study Abroad for Spring Semester may not store any items.
- Please unplug everything in your room, close and lock your windows, pull your shades, turn the heat to #2 on your dial, and close and lock your room door.
- Students are expected to depart Residence Halls 24 hours after their last exam. Exams end on Friday, December 20.
- ALL RESIDENCE HALLS WILL CLOSE AT NOON on Saturday, December 21.
- ID CARDS WILL BE DEACTIVATED AT NOON. Failure to vacate the Residence Hall by this deadline will result in a fine of $50 per hour.
- No access to Residence Halls, including storage areas, will be allowed from 12:00pm December 21 through 9:00am December 31. (Unless you are an approved winter break housing resident in Stone Davis).
STUDENTS WHO ARE GRADUATING OR LEAVING CAMPUS AT THE END OF FALL SEMESTER:
- Any student not returning for Spring Semester must return their room key to the locked key box near your Professional Residence Life member’s apartment or office by 12:00pm December 21. There is a $30.00 fine for failure to return room keys.
- Rooms of students not returning for Spring Semester must be emptied of all belongings by the residents prior to leaving in December. A Residential Life Staff member will inspect the room.
- Any student who fails to remove all of their belongings from their room will be charged for removal of items.
- There is no storage for students going on leave.
- Please be advised that Professional Staff will check all student rooms. Inspection of your room may begin on the day you depart, and will be completed by December 21.
- Please take all applicable safety precautions. You MUST unplug everything from your outlets and close all windows. Please see checklist posted to your door for additional safety and security precautions to take when leaving for break.
- Students’ personal belongings may not be left in common space, i.e. hallways, living rooms, TV rooms, kitchenettes, laundry rooms, and bathrooms. Items left in common space will be discarded.
- It is recommended that you take all valuable items home with you during the Wintersession holiday.
- Each residence hall will observe 23 hour quiet hours from 8:00 am December 13 through 12:00 pm on December 21.
- Dining halls will close for the semester on December 21.
- Please refer to the posted scheduled from AVI Fresh for information on specific Dining Hall closing dates.
- Bates Dining Hall will be open for Wintersession on January 1, 2020 with dinner from 5:00 - 7:00 pm.
- The regular spring semester meal plan will begin at 5:00pm on Saturday, January 25, 2020 in all dining halls, with the exception of Stone Davis. Normal dining hours resume on Sunday January 26, 2020.
- For additional information please refer to the dining services website or call x2297.
- Students not attending Wintersession who wish to leave their car on campus must email Parking@wellesley.edu with your vehicle information.
- All student vehicles stored on campus must be parked in the Davis Parking Facility in student parking on levels 3 and 4 of the garage and vehicles that impede snow removal will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Students in Wintersession housing with a vehicle on campus must register it with the WC Police Department.
- Parking permits are available 24 hours a day.
- Permits cost $2.00 per day on weekdays, $10.00 per week and $40.00 for all of Wintersession.
- Sophomores, juniors and seniors may also pay the $75.00 fee to cover Wintersession and spring semester at Campus Police to register your vehicle.
- If your vehicle is already registered for the full academic year, you do not need to re-register it.
- Students with general questions should call the Wellesley College Police Department at x2121. Specific questions related to parking may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you are not going to be here for second semester courses, you may not store anything on campus. Please make arrangements to take your belongings home with you or contact the area storage vendor. Places you may contact for your storage needs include Boomerang Storage at http://www.boomerangstorage.com/