Travel – Foreign or Domestic
- Students traveling abroad through the Office of International Study should carefully review the information and instructions provided on the Office of International Study’s website.
- Students traveling on an internship should contact Wellesley Career Education for important travel safety information.
Travel Assistance Program via Chubb Insurance Company
As part of the College’s travel accident insurance policy through Chubb Insurance Company, Wellesley College faculty, staff and students have access to the assistance services of AXA while traveling for Wellesley College related activities 100 miles or more from campus.
Please print the Travel Assistance Services brochure prior to your College related travel. The College advises travelers to cut out and carry the card provided in the brochure with you at all times while traveling on behalf of Wellesley College.
The Chubb Client Summary document provides detailed information about the College's travel assistance services. Please contact the Risk and Compliance Manager, x2302 with specific questions after reviewing this information.
Chubb Assistance Services Website
To register with the Chubb Travel Assistance website, please follow these steps:
1) Go to www.acetravelassistance.net
2) Enter the username (email@example.com) and password (acea&h) and click the “Sign In” button.
3) On the Registration Form page, enter your Wellesley email address for your username plus your first and last names. Then, click the “Register” button.
4) You should receive the following message: “You have been registered correctly. An email has been sent to your account with the password.”
5) Open the link in your email from AXA Assistance Services and enter your username (your full Wellesley email address) plus the password provided in the email. Click the “Sign In” button.
6) You will be prompted to choose a new, secure password. Click the “Change Password” button.
7) The website’s main page should now appear and you should have access to the full website.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this process.
AXA Travel App for Smartphones
Wellesley College travelers can download the AXA Assistance Services app for their smartphones as another way to access the travel assistance services.
U.S. State Department's S.T.E.P.
Sign up for the U.S. State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) before you travel to receive email updates about travel warnings and travel alerts.