Campus Emergency Information posted on Public Affairs
For emergency assistance contact:
Wellesley College Police at x 5555Reporting and Investigating Accidents & InjuriesFor EmployeesEmployee Accidents & Injuries must be reported and filed with Human Resources and Environmental Health and Safety within 24 hours.
- Human Resources Accident Report & Treatment A.R. T. Form
- The ART Form's second page is the Supervisors Accident Investigation Report. This should be filled out for all incidents.Student Employees should report accidents on the A.R.T. FormQuestions: Contact HR at x 3303. Fax number is x3663.For Students, Contractors, etc.Incidents involving students, contractors, visitors, etc can be reported on this Form.Laboratory AccidentsStudents involved in a lab accident should report to their lab instructor immediately. Use this form to report the incident.All employees should follow the procedure noted above under Accidents & Injuries. If the incident involves hazardous materials immediately report to the Science Center (x3000), EHS (x3882) and or Campus Police (x2121).Where to seek Medical Care:Occupational Health Center148 Chestnut StreetNeedham, MAEmergency Room 781-453-5400For appointments or information please call 781-453-3041
Incidents - Fires, HazMat, etc.
All incidents involving students, employees, contractors, visitors should be reported on this form. This includes fires, hazardous material spills/releases, indoor air quality issues, etc.
Hazardous Material Release (Chemicals, Biologicals, Oils, etc).
Small spills can be cleaned up by the user if prepared, trained and spill response equipment is readily available.
- Evaluate the situation (including a review of the SDS)
- Notify manager/supervisor
- Secure the area
- Control and contain spill
- Clean up
- Ensure proper disposal of spill materialFor large spills, unknown materials, or extremely hazardous materials, immediately secure & post the area. Contact Campus Police 24/7 at x 5555 and or EHS at x 3882 during work hours.Large spills may require reporting to local, state or federal agencies. Contact EHS at x 3882 to ensure proper reporting.
Laboratory SpillsWellesley College's Chemical Hygiene Plan Emergency ProceduresThe American Chemical Society Guide for Chemical Spill Response Planning in Labs
Shelter in PlaceRun, Hide, Fight Video - DHS Offers tips to Survive a ShootingResourcesNational Library of Medicine - Disaster Information Management Research Center Website