The Wellesley College Botanic Gardens' Visitor Center is a reception area for visitors, a gathering space for tour groups, and classroom space for Friends of Wellesley College Botanic Gardens classes. The Friends office is located here. The large meeting room is named for Harriet B. Creighton, Professor of Botany from 1940-1974. The Visitor Center was built in 1992 through generous donations from Wellesley alumnae and the Friends of Horticulture, as the organization was then known. The structure's design closely mimics the design of the old Ferguson Greenhouses.