Volunteers are one of the Friends' most valuable resources. Our organization is blessed with people who give their time and energy to aid us in achieving our goals. Through their dedication, the Friends are constantly stretching and redefining our efforts to bring horticulture to the college and community.
Volunteers aid the Botanic Gardens:
- As docents who give tours of the botanic gardens.
- As children's program coordinators who work on kids' activities in the Visitor Center.
- As hosts who welcome attendees during College community events.
- As participants in special projects in areas of exhibit interpretation.
- As gardeners who assist WCBG staff with garden maintenance tasks.
Volunteers receive the following benefits:
- The opportunity to volunteer in beautiful surroundings with people of similar interests.
- Regular meetings to socialize and learn more about plants.
- Invitations to special volunteer field trips, luncheons, and holiday gatherings.
- Use of the WCBG Friends Library in the Visitor Center.
Share your love of nature, plants and gardens with others by becoming a volunteer docent for Wellesley College Botanic Gardens. Free training sessions are held Fridays: 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon