Connect with Wellesley College Botanic Gardens
The Friends of Botanic Gardens supports the mission of the botanic gardens through public education, interpretation, and community-building for visitors of all ages, interests, and backgrounds.
How would you like to connect with us?
- Visit us - and bring your friends, family, classrooms, organizations, and communities!
- Subscribe to our mailing list for news and opportunities
- Make a gift any amount, including a recurring donation or bequest, to directly support our programs
- Participate in or lead an educational program
- Share your time as a volunteer or become a trained garden guide
- Other creative collaborations - Contact us
- Providing free admissions for everyone, every day, to our visitor center, gardens and greenhouses
- Providing free educational programs, tours, group visits, and field trips, as well as educational materials, signage, and media
- Supporting a diversity of student internships, jobs, events, and other educational programs that expand student knowledge, skills, and interest in plants and the environment
- Supporting collaborations and professional networks between alumnae, students, and other professionals with environmental and botanical interests
- Funding books for the Visitor Center's botanical library, and for student research projects
- Training volunteers and docents who give free guided tours of the Botanic Gardens
- Demonstrating sustainable, safe, and ecologically informed garden and landscape practices, including purchasing seeds from ethical sources, using organic methods and minimizing chemical usage via integrated pest management programs, and reducing fossil fuel usage and single-use plastic waste by purchasing non-gas powered equipment and choosing compostable/low waste options
- Supporting programs and professional development for students and staff related to diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility, with a focus on our relationships and practices with plants, gardens, public space and landscapes