The Friends of Wellesley College Botanic Gardens supports the mission of the Wellesley College Botanic Gardens through:
- OUTREACH: events, workshops and lectures for the College and broader community utilizing the unique resources of the Botanic Gardens.
- INTERPRETATION: free docent-led tours of the outdoor garden spaces, special exhibits, and a wealth of resources for visitors.
- EDUCATION: for families and adults through a wide range of programs in horticulture and plant-focused art.
As the supporting partner of the Wellesley College Botanic Gardens, WCBG Friends welcomes curious minds of all ages to deepen their knowledge of horticulture, plant science, and botanical art, and to deepen their engagement with the natural world. Thousands of visitors from preschoolers to senior citizens tour the Botanic Gardens each year. Through public offerings in horticulture, plant science and art for children and adults, WCBG Friends draws in a variety of students who enjoy expanding their skills and knowledge.
WCBG Friends Activities:
- Supporting student events at the Wellesley College Botanic Gardens
- Funding library books, student employment at the Visitor Center, and students’ plant-based research
- Training volunteer docents, who give free guided tours of the Botanic Gardens
- Funding student interns who expand their knowledge while assisting in the Botanic Gardens
- Helping Botanic Gardens staff with garden maintenance tasks
- Offering courses, lectures and other programs in horticulture and botanical art
- Encouraging interest in horticulture, ecology and plant science using the resources of the Botanic Gardens