Each year, 40 Fellows are selected to participate in the Institute’s programs. At the vanguard of curricular and pedagogical innovation, the Institute promotes global understanding, analysis, and action through:
- Advancing a multidisciplinary approach to liberal arts teaching and learning
- Incorporating lectures from across the disciplines by faculty who are stewards of their professions
- Integrating the contributions of the world’s leading decision- and policy-makers
- Encouraging collaborative group problem-solving
- Enlarging the world as classroom through hands-on engagement, bold service, and courageous action in the world
As a living laboratory of the value and real-world application of the liberal arts disciplines, the Albright Institute fosters an innovative approach to problem solving through:
- Disciplined, well-informed thinking
- A deep-seated, authentic sense of civic obligation
- An appreciation for the challenges of complexity, and the willingness to go beyond one’s comfort zone
- Instilling perspective and judgment that enhances effective collaborative decision-making
- A commitment to open dialogue—and an open mind
Informed and inspired by Secretary Albright’s life, the Albright Institute cultivates in Fellows the habits of principled strength, gratitude, bold service, and courageous action to shape a better world.
Now numbering in the hundreds, the Fellows constitute a transnational network of women leaders committed to working together, advocating each other’s advancement, and promoting international collaboration. Recognizing education as a primary gateway to a more stable, prosperous and interdependent world, Fellows go on to serve as leaders in every sector and sphere to address the world’s daunting problems and possibilities.