As you plan your schedule for this year, take the time to review the degree requirements to make sure you will satisfy all of them. 

Each year a few seniors overlook something or misunderstand a requirement, so it is important to take the time to do this now.  You can find the requirements on the Class Deans’ website at Please note that the P.E. requirement, though separate from the academic requirements, is still necessary to your completing the degree.

The first step is to review your Degree Audit on MyWellesley.  See the details about this here

Next review your major(s) and minor, if any. 

The Degree Audit Report will list your major(s) and minor (if you have one), but it does not review major requirements, and these, too, can be quite complicated.  Although the general College policy sets a minimum of eight units to fulfill a major, requirements vary by major.  There are several nine- and ten-course minimal majors and some majors that require coursework in other fields as part of the major.  Make sure that you know the requirements of your major(s) and that you have a reasonable plan for meeting them.  Even though all of you should already have declared a major, you now need to complete a new major form to confirm each of your majors. The major/minor form is available at  This process is for your own protection; the new form will confirm your plans and serve as a contract between you and your major department or program.  If you successfully complete the set of courses that the department or program has approved, your major will be done; if you make any changes from the approved plan, you should update the form to ensure that the substitution is acceptable. At least one major form, up-to-date and accurately reflecting the courses you have taken or will take to complete your major, must be signed by your advisor (and by the department chair or program director if you plan to include non-Wellesley courses toward your major) and filed in the Registrar's Office by Monday, September 29.  Note also that seniors may not make changes to their majors or minors after the end of the spring semester add/drop period, so if you are planning to declare a second major or a minor, please do this in the fall semester.

If your original advisor is not available for consultation about the major form or if you have been working more closely with another faculty member in the field, it is fine to change advisors.  Your official advisor is the faculty member in the department or program whose signature appears on your major confirmation.  If you are doing an individual major and are following your approved plan, you do not need to complete a new major form, although any changes to your original plan need to be confirmed by the Committee on Curriculum and Academic Policy (please see the Registrar’s office for this).