Rules for Working with Recombinant DNA Materials
- All research will follow the applicable National Institute of Health (NIH) Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant DNA Molecules. (Available in the Science Center Library).
- The Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC), as required by NIH, review and approve all research at the College using these materials.
- Only areas specifically approved by the IBC are to be used for this work.
- The Principal Investigator (PI) is responsible for the training of personnel involved in this research.
- The safety rules outlined in the previous chapter on microorganisms are applicable to recombinant DNA research.