The Office of Sponsored Research services include:
We subscribe to external databases: InfoEd SpinPlus, Foundation Directory, Grants.gov, and Associated Grant Makers, which are the industry leading sources of information on grants and research opportunities. The funding sources page provides instructions on how to use the databases.
Additionally, we can conduct individual funding searches in connection with upcoming sabbatical leaves, new or continuing research, programs or projects by request.
Once a funding opportunity is identified the proposal development page will provide useful information to prepare a competitive grant proposal:
- obtain and provide sponsor guidelines and application forms
- interpret and clarify sponsor and college policies
- assist faculty to prepare grant proposal and budget
- obtain college approvals and signatures
- submit proposal
- status follow up on pending proposals
- assist in the negotiation of awards and execution of contracts
Compliance includes the following:
The Controller’s Office manages the post-award financial process, sets up new awards, answers questions and ensures compliance with sponsored research policies for Wellesley College’s externally funded grants. The Associate Controller serves as the liaison between faculty, college administrators, and funding agencies regarding post-award financial management.
Post-award grant management includes the following:
- award acceptance procedure
- establish and manage grant accounts (assigns FOAPAL)
- provide monthly reports to PI
- financial reporting
- closeout procedures